Minelab GPZ7000 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ridge Runner said:
Heatho said:
If they dropped the price a bit I'd be tempted to get one, though they may have to if sales drop off due to poor reviews. Maybe the hype surrounding the release is letting the machine down a bit in peoples minds.

I really just think owners need to spend a bit more time with the thing to find the sweet spot with settings for each particular area. As I said before experienced operators will work it out and get Gold and they are getting it.

I want 1 but want it cheaper.

You got two Beautiful Machines Already, But there again you can Never Have Too Many Detectors and anyone who says anything Different Is A WIFE, lol

John

Gear lust after seeing some of these nice pics of phat nuggets. 8)

PhaseTech said:
This is a perfect example of what I said in my report: "It takes a while to learn the Zed's language"

[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/J4h-RgVNa58[/video]

This video demonstrates one thing and that is to
Listen for a slight change in threshold. Any one
New to using a minelab pi detector should take note,
Slow down and if your unsure scrape away 2" and
Check again.

Its amazing how things go full circle. We first start
Off with using dd coils, then monos and now a new
dd type configuration Coils.

Its going to be interesting to see what if any new
Coils become available for the gpx series.

Big Nugget said:
washgravel said:
Wow amazing....... small stuff at 1 - 2 feet deep..... so what size was the small stuff that you getting at those depths with your 7000.

Thanks for a reply,

washgravel

g'day wg,

.2g up to a little speci estimated @ 5g, which was the deepest.

Will be back on it tomorrow ;)

Looks like those with an SDC and my GPX have been well and truly been outgunned especially if that 5g speci came out at 2 feet.

Ridge Runner said:
As for the Reviews you can take them with A Pinch of Salt because No Reviewer is going to Write A Bad Review because If they Did then they Would Never Get Another Product to Test / Review. john

Yes you do have that feeling in the back of your mind when you read their reports.

Heatho said:
Ridge Runner said:
Heatho said:
If they dropped the price a bit I'd be tempted to get one, though they may have to if sales drop off due to poor reviews. Maybe the hype surrounding the release is letting the machine down a bit in peoples minds.

I really just think owners need to spend a bit more time with the thing to find the sweet spot with settings for each particular area. As I said before experienced operators will work it out and get Gold and they are getting it.

I want 1 but want it cheaper.

You got two Beautiful Machines Already, But there again you can Never Have Too Many Detectors and anyone who says anything Different Is A WIFE, lol

John

Gear lust after seeing some of these nice pics of phat nuggets. 8)

I Love it when you Talk Dirty, You just saved me $1.50 A Minute, lol

john

Just got back form spending 2 days out in the GT. I managed to find 2 nuggets about a meter apart. The first was .45g at 9" down and the the other was 1.25g at 9" also. They were super thin and i believe were once one piece as they kinda match up at one end. They were fairly obvious signals and quite loud as i got closer (obviously) and I thought they were going to be heavier but no the case as they were so flat. They came out of a fairly flogged area with old holes only meters away which was promising. Perhaps their big brothers? Either way, i spent 14 hours swinging and was hoping for more, but i guess thats how it goes. I havnt lost hope. Back out again next week.

I find the GPZ hard to pinpoint at times, so it really pays to sweep a few feet right around the suspected target location with Auto Tracking off.

I also find that the slower the better.

Settings i used yesterday:

Difficult
General
Tracking: AUTO
Sensitivity: 10
Threshold: 25
Auto Smoothing: Off

Good luck out there.

Its a start mate!
Just a question - I notice your settings were Difficult/General. Wondering if you changed to Difficult/High Yield in that area at all? Reason being is looking at the depth & size of the finds my initial thoughts would be to try the area in High Yield after picking those up in General?
Thanks for the update & good luck next week!

I did monetarily switch over to high yield and had a 5 min scan around the area i found those 2 nuggets. But my theory was.. if it was it was finding nuggets on that setting i should leave it. Ill give high yield a go next week.

good luck out there.

Now that this technology is out there Im sure the other companies will be close behind with a wide range of great alternatives that just how they make their money and do business.

Anyway 60 percent of the GPZ 7000 is just the same as the CTX 3030.

As I mentioned on the PT GPZ 7000 review forum post. Get your 5000 out start understanding the technology better by the use of a wider range of good quality coils and select alternative setting other than Fine gold ALL the time and I'm betting we can get damn close to the GPZ 7000 performance; if not better.. hahaha

So lets see.

The ZakMan.

So true Zakman, I've lost count on how many people I have seen that only use fine gold. It is one of the many "Tools" for the job, and in some cases its the correct tool. But if used where a better timing could of been utilized, then the user is loosing depth as fine gold is not the best solution for deep gold in mild to medium soils.

Cheers

Oldfella said:
So true Zakman, I've lost count on how many people I have seen that only use fine gold. It is one of the many "Tools" for the job, and in some cases its the correct tool. But if used where a better timing could of been utilized, then the user is loosing depth as fine gold is not the best solution for deep gold in mild to medium soils.

Cheers

I've been thinking about this too, I think even picking a deeper timing and dropping the Rx gain a little to compensate could work well also, not too much but a little, maybe down to 7 gain. I think people are obsessed with using a high gain and then weaker timing such as Fine Gold.

I don't think my 5k will even have a small coil on it again since I got the SDC, will only be looking for larger than 1 gram nugs with the 5k and bigger coils now.

Latest posts