Prospecting / Gold Related TV Shows.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally managed to watch a full series of Gold Rush T.V. Series 1 (not on 7 mate,etc) watching a couple of 45 minutes episodes per day this week.

I am house and pet sitting at the moment and the owners son who is an engineer working in Europe in the aircraft industry with his work mates have designed and made an "apple type" T.V. receiver.

It has all sorts on it including live sport from Europe,youtube,internet,movies currently at the movies and plenty of Gold shows just a name a very few.

I have 5 more series from 2 to 6 of Gold Rush to watch before the owners come home in just less than 3 weeks.

I ask him on at least 3 occasions ( :p me bad) if they had one with "scratch on it" I would be happy to take it off there hands,it hasn't even been given name yet before they hope to market it around the world.

Gold shows feed my interest in Gold plus my interest in heavy engineering/mining having worked in both for too many years to remember.

I cannot wait until tomorrow arvo to start watching Gold Rush series 2 :cool: happy days,and bring on the weekend.

Some interesting Gold facts I learnt from series 1 of Gold Rush -

In 2011 in Alaska over 1 Billion dollars (US) worth of Gold was mined the most since 1903.

The biggest ever Gold Nugget ever found in Alaska in 2011 was only 292 ounces, I say only when you think about our "close by" Golden Triangle with 9 of the 10 biggest Gold nuggets ever found.

Alaska's biggest ever Gold nugget (292 oz) is the size of a baseball and was found on the front of a dozer in the dirt on the blade.

I could not wait until the weekend to tap into more Gold Rush T.V. so I have already watched episodes 1 & 2 of Series 2.

:)

Just finished watching Gold Rush series 2 - 17 episodes.

In their 2nd season of mining the Hoffmans mined 92.5oz's of Gold,42oz's of profit split 7 ways with 2 being the owners.

It worked out for the miners being 5 = 6oz's = 8K for 5 months virtually around the clock work in rain hail and snow = Hard Yakka 8.(

Another interesting fact that I learnt (from series 1) is that for every 1000 miners who made it to the Goldfields only 3 "struck it rich" - about 0.3% success rate back in the 1850/60 in the Klondike Alaska.

Now to start watching series 3 with ???? episode's to go before the home owners come home on the 24th of this month.

Going for my first swing in nearly 3 weeks tomorrow - Yippee :cool:

cashgoldsilver said:
Just finished watching Gold Rush series 2 - 17 episodes.

In their 2nd season of mining the Hoffmans mined 92.5oz's of Gold,42oz's of profit split 7 ways with 2 being the owners.

It worked out for the miners being 5 = 6oz's = 8K for 5 months virtually around the clock work in rain hail and snow = Hard Yakka 8.(

Another interesting fact that I learnt (from series 1) is that for every 1000 miners who made it to the Goldfields only 3 "struck it rich"

Correction - 0.03% success rate not 0.3% (yes I am pedantic you have been warned) back in the 1850/60 in the Klondike Alaska.

Now to start watching series 3 with ???? episode's to go before the home owners come home on the 24th of this month.

Going for my first swing in nearly 3 weeks tomorrow - Yippee :cool:

Haha mate just picture me standing in a 35 degree oven leveling 40 inch moulds... pretty sure im losing weight lol. Dont know if the fumz do me anygood

Latest posts