⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dam it said:
No nothing small - small that was it just the 6 pieces :eek:
The roundish looking one is weird :/ Gold on one side and what don't look like Gold on the other . Have got a couple like this before ..still weird
All came from Gowan road (off Castlemaine-Maldon road ) :Y: BigWave knows were :D
I'm afraid that brain cell has died - Fingers. I'm presuming you're soon changing your PA name from "dam it" to "Fingers" :D

BigWave said:
dam it said:
No nothing small - small that was it just the 6 pieces :eek:
The roundish looking one is weird :/ Gold on one side and what don't look like Gold on the other . Have got a couple like this before ..still weird
All came from Gowan road (off Castlemaine-Maldon road ) :Y: BigWave knows were :D
I'm afraid that brain cell has died - Fingers. I'm presuming you're soon changing your PA name from "dam it" to "Fingers" :D
August 2016 :rolleyes: There was Martymoose,Dig,n`it,Chuckyboy,Narra,You and your Lady Friend ( at the time :Y: Legend ) Me,And someone else :|
Ar Ha Your funny ( Fingers ) at the rate Im going it will be Finger soon :|

1514161170_imag0073.jpg

Santa said I had to go find my present he left. It was wrapped in dirt. .61g. The weirdest looking piece I've ever found.
10 feet down hill from a pile of oldtimers rusted buckets. I may have to clean that up.
Merry Christmas to everyone!

HeadsUp said:
Hi Shaun

Nice to see you getting a good run at Stuart Town . and cracking the + 1 grammer , i am yet to get anything bigger than 3 grams with my GPX 5000 and i am sure i have left targets behind when trying to discriminate in hot ground and the GPX just wants to do its best Iron Maiden impersonation.

I didnt pay off half the GPX yet so i am reluctant to reward myself with a Zed upgrade.

G'day HeadsUp,

Cheers for the kind words! It's forever a battle with the EMI/hot ground combo there for sure. I totally agree, Iron Maiden is right -even with the Zed on some days! :lol:

It's always a bit of give and take in spots like that. There are definitely areas out there where I've seen the 5K's running super smoothly and do well. Battling the dozens and dozens of bits of rusty junk and bullets there however can be a problem all to itself. It's frustrating to have to just walk away and leave targets behind particularly with gold about.

I'm sure that big one will pop up for you soon. :Y:

All the best,
Shauno.

Latest posts