⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1514516931_a35c7ea8-af1d-4a84-9393-8c8d5b60f2fc.jpg

Another couple of small bits today found another but we wont go into that well found it twice lost it twice so left him for the Gold gods :) at Patrick1s patch thanks again mate :Y:
Patrick came out for awhile and found this cracker 0.46g:Y: :Y:
1514517315_ae6d758b-03d5-4dc2-a445-d730ace5a0c9.jpg

Well done mate :Y: :Y:

Goldchaser1 said:
thanks guys,good to see ya back on it in familiar territory sleckie,wa can be a head blip first time,regret not catchin up,my butt hanging out an busy off an for a while,will do next time....
Thanks Dave yeah Ill be back thanks for all your help while I was over there. Not wrong done my head in over there just didnt want to get court doing the wrong thing long way from home hehe. My Ute still making that noise must get under one day to check it out hehe no rush.

Some nice finds there guys. I Hadn't been out for a while but managed to get out last week, hot sweaty work but gathered a bit of a mix, all small stuff but it all slowly adds up. My last for 2017. Hope everyone has a Happy and safe New Years period, and may we all find that elusive 100 ouncer in 2018!!!

Cheers,
Elusive

1514579626_image.jpg

1514604474_39018156-ac9f-4595-afd4-2b95cd8c5645.jpg

Hi guys well went out to find some more gold today finally met a few members today nice bunch of fellas & lady. Found four small bits to add to the collection total 0.77 absolutely stoked new area thanks Patrick1 for sharing with us all. It really is amazing where the gold hides who knows huh!!
Thanks again

Well done to all those finding gold on their last outing for the year. Bullant Flat was the destination for my last outing for 2017 on 27th December. I think that I am coming to terms with the SDC as I picked up 35 bits of small shot and ten small nuggets for the day. One amazing part about the day was that I was never more than 100 metres from the car and the diggings are in plain view of a major track.
1514618941_bullant_flat_10_in_a_day_for_1_gram_plus..jpg

The ten small nuggets together weighed 1.157grams. I am looking forward to the new year and continuing to explore more of Bullant Flat. Good Luck to all members for 2018.

Cheers Bob.

Was out today around Amherst with a group including Patrick1, two Poms (Phil and Gareth), ProspectorPete, Herman, Sleckie and his pop, Headsup and his missus.
Found another two for around 1.5g
We had a good meet. Yellowfever and bjay were close by, but did not meet us unfortunately.
Not much gold found, but was a fun meet. Home now, but I hear the meet continues tomorrow and into the New Year.
Happy New Year to all :Y:

Hi Blackwolf,

You have found what I call heartsink gold. Has the right shape, clunks in the scoop, good weight, sends a nice signal but your heart sinks when you rub off the dirt or scratch it. Thanks for reducing the lead content on the gold fields. At least you are in the zone. I am sure that some yellow lead will eventually appear.

Cheers

Les

I've found my share of those as well Blackwolf, and I wondered whether they might be spilt over molten lead when they were casting their musket balls?

Thanks Lesgold!
Definitely heart sink :(

Six hours out....

2 nails, 4 bits of lead and a Winchester casing.

Getting the hang of it though, 705 is a beauty.

I'll post some pictures when I get home.

BigWave said:
Was out today around Amherst with a group including Patrick1, two Poms (Phil and Gareth), ProspectorPete, Herman, Sleckie and his pop, Headsup and his missus.
Found another two for around 1.5g
We had a good meet. Yellowfever and bjay were close by, but did not meet us unfortunately.
Not much gold found, but was a fun meet. Home now, but I hear the meet continues tomorrow and into the New Year.
Happy New Year to all :Y:
My first real PA member meetup and had a great time, good to put faces to names and learnt a few new tricks on the 4500.
Thanks for the friendly welcome and for sharing your knowledge, had fun camping with the Poms Phil, Gareth and Terry and hope to keep in touch with you guys.
Special thanks to Hermann, yesterday afternoon was fantastic to sit, listen and chat about life in general, the beers, bottle of port and laughs shared around the fire last night made it one of the most enjoyable nights I've had out camping, hope to do it again some time soon.

Happy New Year everyone :Y:

My .17g piece found on Friday on a previous raked section just off the reef, quartz attached :)

1514698232_20171231_155009.jpg

Latest posts