Reedy Creek Beechworth water levels

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWright

Steve Wright
Reaction score
G'Day All

Does anyone know if there is any water in Reedy Creek at Beechworth-Eldorado? Is it flowing or is it pools of nice festering, green coloured goop?

Araluen

Not sure ifnthere is any flow there atm, but I'm heading down that way this week, will let you know what its like.

Thanks All

I will be heading down there on Thursday. Want to try out the highbanker I made after doing some test panning to find a decent spot.

Araluen

Looks like I am going to be around Thursday If you see a bloke with a beard and then a clean cut good lookin fellow thats me. Fell free to say G'day.

Dont worry GP you'll know Friday if I am not at work we struck it rich... :)

G'Day

We will only arrive late on Thursday but will be staying for 10 days. Apart from the obligatory stuff I have to do with my other half (touristy things and so on) I will be looking for a good spot to try up the creek somewhere. I hope to get some hints from locals or just have a go where I can. Will be driving a red Grand Cherokee and will be at the pub on Thursday night - and probably other nights to wash away the mud and and sand.

Araluen

About a year ago I was up that way with my sluice box and found some colour in a historic creek bed of Reedy Creek not far off McFeeters Road - maybe a km or so downstream from Woolshed Falls..

It was exciting as I could see the specs collecting on the sluice as I was going - only processed about 4 buckets from a single hole I dug in the old creek bed. I classified the material as I dug it out filling my buckets, and at the end when I had enough filled in the hole I created with the larger stones and gravel not being sluiced. I have been meaning to get up there for another go!

Good luck SWright.

I took a friend for a drive down from Beechworth to Eldorado along Macfeeters Rd last week. The creek was flowing, water was flowing over the falls. Hope this helps

Hi Potofgold

I was up there yesterday, down near kangaroo flat there is plenty of water and some nice gold to be had. Ran my highbanker but plenty of spots to run a river sluice

Oh thanks guys. Didnt expect that. Kept looking at the 10 day forecast and every day was sunny, or had no rain at least so I didn't have high hopes. So good news. Cheers

I think generally its been a pretty bloody good year for rain in Victoria. very few creeks have dried out this year whereas last year around Christmas we had 3 days with 45 plus degrees in the triangle.

Very exciting to hear eldorado has water still. i'd love to get up there for a day again

Yea as Im still new to this caper this is my first summer prospecting so not sure what to expect. But I have read a few old threads from years gone by about creeks in central/northern Vic drying up over the summer, so it makes me think twice.

I didn't know (clearly) that Reedy Creek flows or has pools all year round...more good news. Haha

And ditto the Eldorado enthusiasm. Im eyeing off this coming weekend

Latest posts