Black Springs area

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilly47

Raymond Gill
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello All, just became mobile enough to tackle forrest areas. heading to saphire bend from Camden area, thought i would travel through goulburn, checked google and there seems to be sparse camping facilities there.

this will be my 2nd outing without an experienced fossicker with me, last day out was at saphire road grabben gullen creek under the road bridge, had some fun that day and found some stone that nearly look like gems, at least they R sort of glassy.

any advice about camping there this coming week??

ray
:D :D :D

Camp area is on your right just as you come into Black Springs from Goulburn.
1473231134_image.jpeg

The main area is OK to get to but there is a lot of logging right near it! Hope it doesn't effect you too much. Good luck

I'm sure they would let you off if you don't yet have a copy of your permit, as long as you have paid it should be valid, I think.

Permits can be done online as well then a screen shot will hav u covered.
In saying so I have not seen a ranger around black springs in the yrs I been heading there, also Oberon is a fossicking district and the saphires bend public area and a few others don't need a permit as they are designated for fossicking. Permit is for surrounding parts of the forrest

hello all

received fossicking permit today, decided to camp in Oberon and drive out to wherever and scratch around a bit, the last time i went out i was with a work mate who knew where he was going, we went to a quarry and also an area that had an old train as accommodation. Taking wifey so will be close to the roads ATM.

Changed my mind about camping at Black Springs, I am in Oberon and warm as toast with the electric heater going.

Went to Blue Hill today, WoW there has been a LOT of hard diggin there, managed to scratch up a small crystal anyway, kept anything that was shiny to clean up tomorrow and go again, probably to a creek.
:)

very ordinary fossicking kid

wet wet wet. headed out to saphire bend, soggy

headed out to brisbane valley creek through the forrest road cut by flooding. went via tar rd same thing. did not need to be in that area during wet weather so I went to the quarry diggin for crystal, found a minute one with 4 points, need a spy glass to see them

Hopefully it will be better in summer when everything's dried out. The quarry can still give out good crystals, just gotta get into the vein and crack open a pocket. They need to start taking dirt away and start blasting so they can open up more of the vein!

Cheers TFK. :)

Latest posts