It is my nephew's birthday. Help us find some shiny?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tezedhill

Terence
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I was a member previously, but I have changed my email and forgot my password and user name, so I have a new account...and here we are.

I've been to Grabben Gullen twice now and found some small sapphires, and around 8 specs of gold.
When I got home after a few days, I tell you what, I knew about it! Everything was sore. After that first beautiful blue sapphire, I started doing my best freestyle swimming stroke through that dirt, yelling "STEVE! TREV-OOOR! BLUE AND YELLOW IN THE RIIIIIV-OOOR!"
I think the scientific term is 'Freestyle Fossick Fever'?
If you head that way be sure to stop in at the Grabby pub and see Ray. He is a friendly bloke, and makes the best calamari I have ever had the pleasure of having the pleasure of. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the 3 days of tin soup and muesli bars...just quality Australian country town hospitality.

Any who, enough gas bagging, Tez.
My nephew is 11 years old as of yesterday, and I am taking him camping in a few weeks to give him a taste of the splendors our country has to offer.
NO iPad
NO facebook
NO twitting of any kind.
Just some CDs for the drive, the sun, dirt, and if lady luck has anything to say about it: Au79!
That is where you fine people come in: to maximize our chances I'm asking for help.
We are taking a long van...some would call it a bus, so the roads can't be anything too hectic.
My sister lives in Oberon, so we are looking around Bathurst and surrounding areas.

What are your secret spots to find the yellow?
:D :D :D :D :D

Look forward to hearing from you all,
Terence.

Not many people are going to give up any specific honey holes, but if you are camping id recommend Tuena, just down from Oberon, just up from Crookwell. Coles bridge is closer to Oberon / Bathurst but camping is not as friendly....no amenities or shops close by.

If you decide to look at sapphire bend for sapphires I'll drop in and say hello, I was planning on checking out tuena soon, I've only been after Saphs so far so the gold bug is starting to nibble a little bit.