Show us your camp set-up

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Land Rover said:
Marty ,,,Try sleepin on the beach at Stockton and it will cost U $250 ,,,,, Another of OUR RIGHTS GOOORRRRNNNNN !!!!!!!!

L/R

damn !

there ya go . i used to fish there and Redhead , was it stockton that you're allowed to take a 4WD on ?

I used to reverse my ute down near the surf , put a recliner chair on the back of the ute and sit there with two rods in rod holders , a gas stove with frypan at the ready and large thermos of hot tea :p

appreciate the photos guys almost wish i had some walkabout blood in me . i think i'll go pull the swag out and have a serious think about it :)
i just need my tax back and a detector and i'm off

This is a basic setup that I use for a one nighter or two. Easy to setup/packdown and still enough shelter if there is a heavy dew or a bit of a shower. Swag rolls out in back of ute and can drive off exploring leaving the tarp in the same spot to reverse back under later. Will dig through some photos and find some more later.

1376111227_camp_1_ironbarks.jpg

Of course gotta have one of these!

1376111460_fire_1.jpg

I need to invest in one of those gazebo things to put over the back of my beast. How much would something like that set you back and where would you buy one from?

Mine came from eBay 3x3m, inc. 3 side walls for $170 delivered. That was a good 3-4years ago. Still works fine, though the carry bag died early on.
I made up my own guyropes tho. & got decent pegs. The standard pegs/string that comes with them has no chance in any wind.

Great little investment

1380568403_p8260016_600x450.jpg
1380568445_p8260019_600x450.jpg

G'day Folks

The last camp my mate Chris and I made at Waanyarra Vic, we were both lucky enough to find a bit of colour that trip :)

All the best Dal

As in a previous post we mainly use the camper trailer, but recently purchased a couple of Oztent Bunkers for those overnighters
or short trips.
Was a tad dubious as they were quite expensive but worth every cent.
Very easy set up and pack up ( less then 3 minutes)

1380611867_a031.jpg

1380611904_a034.jpg

1380611941_a032.jpg

Redfin said:
As in a previous post we mainly use the camper trailer, but recently purchased a couple of Oztent Bunkers for those overnighters
or short trips.
Was a tad dubious as they were quite expensive but worth every cent.
Very easy set up and pack up ( less then 3 minutes)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/232/1380611867_a031.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/232/1380611904_a034.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/232/1380611941_a032.jpg

Hey Redfin,
Mate that Jet Bunker looks awsum. Do you need to add a fly on it or the canvas is enough to keep you dry ?
Cheers
Chris

Chris the canvas is the fly.
There a few cheaper ones out there, and we looked at them all but this was/is the ducks guts. [sorry Duck lol]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRg8uVcExJM

They took everything thrown at them. We added a self inflatable mattress on top of thermal emergency blanket and warm as toast when 2 degrees outside.

1380630571_20130905_180418.jpg

1390685387_img_0350_small.jpg

Camping at Big Sur CA. with our Standing room 100 tents. We have two put together (tan ones) one for bedroom ,one for kitchen.

Top stuff Bazza, just keep off the lunatic soup when up and down the ladder :lol:

Jealous much 8.(
I hate beign poor and having a wife who hates the bush (but somehow gives me shit for not ever taking her camping :rolleyes: )

Oh well, THIS year things will change, I will upgrade from my $40 special dome tent and army hootchie to at least a dome swag, and maybe I'll even buy a detector as well this year, as well as a newer diesel 4wd to trade in my ailing pathfinder once I have enopugh saved for a deposit.

My retirement presents, but I don't carry the satellite when detecting.

I figured being in a tent in my 20s, then with the military under a bloody parachute for a teepee in my 30s,
in a camper in my 40s and 50s, I deserved some comfort. I still have a swag and shovel if roughing it.

1390747764_dscf3206.jpg

I think you'll find it's the base of a HF antenna. Probably about the 2MHz range, used way out bush by RFDS and emergency coms. Huge long antenna.

If memory serves you have to have a licence and have done a RT course to use one.

Some great setups there, I like the more portable style, but as a few of you have attested, the other half prefers "Glamping", I am lucky, the GLW is getting into camping, as long as there is a sit down loo, Camp oven cooking and a few cocktails at the end of the day all is good. Oh and No Snakes, did I mention No Snakes and one more thing, NO SNAKES!!

Cheers, Tone

Latest posts