Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, GT not reckless Kelly. I wonder what became of yahoo serious since then. The movie I am thinking of is a gritty colonial drama, not a comedy. The director is a fairly big wheel I tha alternative music business.

Not Romper Stomper, I'm thinking of a film set in the outback back in the early days.

Also, I'll modify one clue, as two references disagree - the more authorative one tells me the rock star was the writer, not the director! Sorry about that.

Another clue, one of the actors starred in a wide range of movies over the years, with other actors including John Mellion in his first film, and Paul Hogan in one that was an international hit.

"He holds the lantern while his mother chops the wood'! Love Chad Morgan, but it is not him. It's probably true to say that while the bloke I'm after had more success overseas than in Australia (in Berlin particularly), good old Chad would have been unknown anwwhere else!

RJ, Gets it. Muso, Nick Cave, the "Prince of Darkness" of rock music, wrote the screen play for the gritty and violent outback drama the Proposition. It is a terriffic film and well worth catching.

David Gulpilil was the other actor I mentioned in a clue, his first film was the great Walkabout in 1971, with John Mellion, and he also appeared in Crocodile Dundee with Paul Hogan.

Over to you RJ.

DrDuck said:
RJ, Gets it. Muso, Nick Cave, the "Prince of Darkness" of rock music, wrote the screen play for the gritty and violent outback drama the Proposition. It is a terriffic film and well worth catching.

David Gulpilil was the other actor I mentioned in a clue, his first film was the great Walkabout in 1971, with John Mellion, and he also appeared in Crocodile Dundee with Paul Hogan.

Over to you RJ.

hey Doc good question,

I was sure it was Gerry Skilton, it all added up but the music side. Interestingly he has been going for Gold at Clermont and I think wanting to or did make a TV series about.
With a name such as Nugget on C Dundee he was perfect.

GT :)

Good question, I'd actually met him once, he was in my dad's class at high school back in the early 50's. When he was returning to the stage after treatment for drug and alcohol problems he came and gave a lunchtime concert, with Little Pattie, at the school. That would have been in about 1974 or 1975.

I also met his brother Judge Barry O'Keefe a few times when he was commissioner at the ICAC back in the 1990's. In an improbable turn of events I had dinner with him at a table in the Great Hall of the People, during the official banquet of the international corruption conference in Beijing. One of the other guests at the table was the Commissioner of the Mongolian Police. Barry was a complete contrast to Johnny, that's for sure!

Hi Chris!..did you get a message from me elsewhere in cyberland :cool: or should i have had only one of those 'Two Figs'PORT!hehe.I think it was some dribble about 12bar blues. ;)

Angela Lansbury is related to Turnbulls wife, Thats about all I can come up with.....

Latest posts