Garrett ATX Information and Questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you like youtube movies type in "WA nugget Minelab"
That should keep ya busy for an hour or two.

Redfin, the video is definitely a Garrett video because the guy who introduced it is Warren from NQExplorers who promotes and uses all forms of Garrett equipment. Promos or not I wouldn't expect Warren to misrepresent anything he uses. He doesn't have to, and I have not heard him deride any other detector either. Yes it might be a promo, but that's what promos are for, to talk up the product so it can be sold, that's marketing.......not deception.

Zuke_Lynsy, I have an ATX. Bought it after much investigation and hiring of other machines. Truthfully I can tell you I haven't found any gold with it yet, but its a whole lot easier to use than the 5000 I hired while I was over in the Triangle a couple of years ago. Went out with the 5K and spent a whole day digging up tiny bits of wire, lead, lined juice cartons buried 12" down.............but not a tiny spec of the magic stuff. So when I decided to "invest" my hard earned, I decided to buy what I considered value for money. Many on this and other forums will howl down that decision, but it is the decision I made.........and I have not regretted it. You decide what you decide, and when you do have a world of fun with it folks, cause its lots of fun, and the iron check means you don't have to do heaps of digging on rubbish. That alone would be enough for me to buy the ATX all over again.

Hey TD, no one mentioned deception.
I subscribe to Warren and enjoy his hunts at WW2 relic sites.
BUT
If Garrett are promoting the ATX using 2 professional prospectors, is it not strange
they would not show some finds etc.
That would be the best promo ever.

There's no disputing that the ATX is a good machine, but if I were working in the Garrett marketing department, the first thing I would have promoted was actual gold finds with the ATX. Just look at all of Minelab's promos for the SDC, they show finding gold in real time, right from the get go - something we all want to see as a prospective purchaser. I own two Garretts myself. ;)

Well lets see what happens when they put the two machines head to head UNDER THE POWER LINES. [caps for emphasis]

Tassie Daz said:
Well lets see what happens when they put the two machines head to head UNDER THE POWER LINES. [caps for emphasis]

trust me Tassie, you won't like results...
regards tm

Shelton said:
I had 3 months and here for european scenario is totally usless, or if you want to remove all trash and dig deeper is ok... but your arms should fall off.

What is European scenario?
Here in Australia when we look for gold we dig everything,you might dig 50 bits of junk b4 yout find Anything.No matter what you use ML,Garrett or TDI-if it beeps you Dig.This is the game, buddy.That is why we called prospectors,we eager to find gold no matter if cold,hot or wet.

stalker said:
Alex you should get your coil cover from the dealer go In and ask where It Is . Garret have been handing them out to those who never got one on the first release models .
As for the lock for the shaft mine was tight so I just worked it back and forth till it freed up.
Strap is no good but I would invest invest a pro swing 45 then you won't need a shoulder reconstruction .
The dinner plate coil cover for the dd does collect rubbish but I just flip upside down to empty it. I don't use it at the beach . I hear open covers are being made anyway to solve that.
Thanks bud,my spring would pop every time I change my coil,I put a wide washer to keep it in place.Garrett changed my coil and I did get the cover and Pro 45 is being used as well.I only share my misfortunes here so blockes can be aware of these things before buy.
Regards.

This is very diffcult here in Europe, because most places are industrial area with tons of trashes. So If you want find something you need good discrimination machine.

For example some old roads are like nails carpets... nails from old houses roofs material.

Trashy, I used my ATX under mains power lines, and worked until I decided to go home. I didn't give up because of all the noise from them.

Tassie Daz said:
Trashy, I used my ATX under mains power lines, and worked until I decided to go home. I didn't give up because of all the noise from them.

g'day mate
I don't doubt that, that's not what I meant.
I mean the 2300 will work under power lines also, but will find gold easier than the atx. less falseing and clearer signals.
not trying to put your atx down, just responding to your comment about wanting to see them compared under power lines, I got the impression you thought the 2300 was no good under lines that's all.
regards tm

So far all I've seen is the sdc finds smaller gold that the atx can't pick up and the gpx5000 . But on the other hand all the larger gold the atx has no trouble finding them as does the gpx5000. Imo.

It's a shame that Garrett didn't supply the 8" on its own or with the dd as a package option instead of the dd and 20" Package .

stalker said:
It's a shame that Garrett didn't supply the 8" on its own or with the dd as a package option instead of the dd and 20" Package .

Isn't that marketing at its best? At least you can have a choice of coil ' Unlike the SDC that is stock with a 8" and possibly won't ever have another option and if it does' I'm sure it will be $800+

Latest posts