Garrett ATX Information and Questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tassie .. Great to hear your turning over the soils in the Copper Triangle... I recon your on a gold mine in that neck of the woods there would be great areas to check out .. I envy you.

Josh ... Those Varta are a great brand, I am not sure that the new release in the pale blue colour is a better battery than was the old dark blue Varta... time will tell .... But check out you junk mail .. here today in Adelaied we are offered from a cheap shop called "Cheap As Chips" 40 Duracell AA or AAA for $20 .... I did pick up Duracell 40 pack on Ebay for $15 delivered but last time I looked for them that had gone up to almost $20.

Cheers Pete.

Hey Dreamwalking, I wish. When the early miners took the copper out of the ground around here, they managed to find traces of gold as well. But it was only traces judging from the amount found compared to the immense volumes of copper. [If there is a gold mine here It'll be under millions of tons of water] Sadly all the mines are now full of water - the level risen since when I was a kid.

And Wolf, you know me. You wont have to rush. Even when I get there, if I remember last time I was over, I wont find anything anyway.

I have tried to mail the garrette company so many times but still they haven't replied on my mails yet.
All i want to know is what is the ideal ground conditions to work with the garrette atx ,since my place here is as rocky solid area and here we have different kind of rocks such as quartz and berit and basalt , well its like a volcanic area hehehe .

To be honest with you before years i bought the okm rover uc and the price was so heavy on my back,after testing the okm rover uc ,i conclude that this machine is not what it claims it needs a specialty of walking and ground balancing that changes on and on and most of the targets you captured later on changing its positions ,perhaps its a bit realistic and little functional with the voids and chambers but later you will discover your self in a nice dream not in a good machine that worth its price ,i recommend every1 wants to buy any machine just to fly the mother company and sit there a couple of days and try the machine and pay a little money and relax before he pays alot and feel frustrated after a while.

Wish ya all a good day.

Geez mate, are you using a translator program, very hard to understand, and I wouldn't buy anything from OKM even if you paid me to. I don't think garrett can give you an answer on where to use the atx, something you will have to find out for yourself.

Had it for 10 months now.
It's overrated...

Still can't get coil covers,
Strap pathetic,
20 inch coil together with ATX=shoulder reconstruction,
Coil lock spring never worked,
With coil cover on the bottom and nothing on the top tons of trash gets picked inside the coil,you end up walking with wheel barrow full of rocks and soil together with branches and leaves inside your coil.Genius...
Batteries still last a day.

HI THERE....
NO I'M NOT USING ANY TRANSLATORS OR DICTIONARIES .
AS FOR THE OKM I HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY AND NOW I MADE MY MIND TO HAVE A BRAND NEW START WITH THE GARRETTE ATX .

THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN AND SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE .

Where abouts are you located, otherwise it's pretty hard to know where to recommend to use the ATX, and it will help other members to give you some worthwhile information? There would be many people out there that have fallen for buying the OKM products, anyone who produces those long distance gold finders is dodgy in my book, and you wouldn't be the first person to be ripped off by them. Sorry about the translator reference, just found it hard to piece together the wording. :)

Alex you should get your coil cover from the dealer go In and ask where It Is . Garret have been handing them out to those who never got one on the first release models .
As for the lock for the shaft mine was tight so I just worked it back and forth till it freed up.
Strap is no good but I would invest invest a pro swing 45 then you won't need a shoulder reconstruction .
The dinner plate coil cover for the dd does collect rubbish but I just flip upside down to empty it. I don't use it at the beach . I hear open covers are being made anyway to solve that.

I had 3 months and here for european scenario is totally usless, or if you want to remove all trash and dig deeper is ok... but your arms should fall off.

kirkn said:
Hi everyone,

My ATX just arrived and looks awsome, really well made. cant believe how compact it is. Cant wait to try it out in the Triangle. Anynbody have any tips or settings they would like to share would be appriaciated. I will read the manual but still good to get peoples opinions. Thanks :)

Harness you need it. Next try to work with threshold up to slightly hearing value and full sensivity. On dry beaches. Do facotry reset and without ground balance. Always EMI cancel option if you power it up.

It's all a bit pointless if they don't show any finds with the ATX in WA conditions to give the clip some credibility, it just reeks of Garrett promo. :/

Just three blokes sitting around talking it up and having a few beers
Would have been a bit more impressive if they showed some of the gold found

Cheers
Jim

Funny isn't that what most do' sit around talking about the big one 'dreaming sipping a beer' I'm bad for it.
I'm sure that bloke Matt used to be a minelab man.

I'm still very interested to have a play with the ATX as iv got a TDI pro and it's more of a capable machine than minelab users give it credit' so the ATX can't be to bad with an experienced user.

Latest posts