Yak fishing.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering if any of you guys were on the AKFF (Australian kayak fishing forum) a few years back,or are you on the KFDU (kayak fishing down under)forum these days.If so what is your username?

Eldorado said:
Just wondering if any of you guys were on the AKFF (Australian kayak fishing forum) a few years back,or are you on the KFDU (kayak fishing down under)forum these days.If so what is your username?

I tried to join AKFF but it seems there is little to no activity there. No reply to my email. I recently joined KFDU... same user name and avatar.

yep another yakka here have a hobie pro angler with pedal power and a honda 4 stroker back up , a china made sit in , a bit heavy , and a cuppla fibreglass sit-ins the older style currently under remodification make it shorter and even lighter than the plastics reinforce the edge and bottom that may contact the rocks with either timber strips or plastic stress fractures are the problem with glass but easily repaired in the field were as plastic is a bit iffy if it gets cracked they are not as forgiving as you might think but you can get into places were a boat cant get the outboard is air cooled and saves your legs on a long journey, the mount is designed for electric so its about to be modified bought the hobie secondhand and it came with the electrics but i think the battery was too heavy for the days fishing, just have to work out how to posts pics on here

Ramjet said:
Eldorado said:

I tried to join AKFF but it seems there is little to no activity there. No reply to my email. I recently joined KFDU... same user name and avatar.

AKFF has been relatively inactive for a few years...There was a mass move to a new forum but can't remember the name of it...KFDU for me..

StoneTheCrows said:
Yep I am a keen Kayak fisher.
Always have a few bets, take the radio and book.

We have a great inlet creek at Patonga on Central Coast.
Flathead and bream 1000's of em
Get the odd Jew which is a greaty challenge in the yak.

Some great bream around the oyster racks in there.... beautiful waterway. Pearl beach just around the corner is stunning! ...and you can launch off the beach and go fish around Lion Island/Broken Bay :heart: :Y: :perfect:

Eldorado said:
A great setup on the kayak and an awesome fish.You beat my PB Bass by 1cm,I have a couple of kayaks,a Hobie Revolution and a Dagger Voyager.I haven't had either of them on the water in a couple of years ( can't stop thinking about prospecting)you may just have inspired me to get them out and hit my favourite bass spot for a fish this summer.Does anyone else on here kayak fish?
Here is my PB Bass.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5682/1540685943_image.jpg
Hi mate yeah I've been bass fishing for over 30 years. Im from southern nsw and have some great waterways with being untouched if you're prepared to do a little walking.

I own a canoe and yak and both work for different area's. The canoe is great going down stream when you need to tuck the rods in quickly under overhanging branches ect... the Yak is great one up. Super stealth and let's you maneuver into position for that perfect cast!

I've probably caught over 2000 bass and 1990 of those got released. Best fish 620cm smallest was 2.5 inches. Same lure! They sure aren't fussy and have a go at anything :D

Little creek that runs off the Clyde river near Batemans Bay.

Most large bass are in captivity..dams ect.
But I've caught many up around 530mm and hundreds in 400mm range in the Clyde and kangaroo rivers

isolation said:
StoneTheCrows said:
Yep I am a keen Kayak fisher.
Always have a few bets, take the radio and book.

We have a great inlet creek at Patonga on Central Coast.
Flathead and bream 1000's of em
Get the odd Jew which is a greaty challenge in the yak.

Some great bream around the oyster racks in there.... beautiful waterway. Pearl beach just around the corner is stunning! ...and you can launch off the beach and go fish around Lion Island/Broken Bay :heart: :Y: :perfect:

Plus it is a beautiful place around that whole area.

Mate I thought that lane was landing on your head in your piccies above.
Have to organise a fishing / prospecting expo.

Sparra said:
Ramjet said:
Eldorado said:

AKFF has been relatively inactive for a few years...There was a mass move to a new forum but can't remember the name of it...KFDU for me..
Pretty sure AKFF folded a few years back and the mass move was to The Yak Shed.I haven't looked at KFDU for a long time.,I must do a bit of a catchup.

had a geek at the newer hobie pro, the 14 footer , new keg addition reverse peddling but still no fold up wheels, those stick under the yak one , you get pretty wet fitting and taking them off in the water , they have every thing else that opens and shuts but those wheels there's a new stand up model for those who want to exercise its like a stair climber but nowhere to sit down when your buggered its about 3 grand must be for those stand up ppl.

Latest posts