Xterra 705 finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tailormarc said:
Smoky bandit said:
tailormarc said:
Smoky bandit said:
pete165 said:
Great finds Smoky. If you do not mind what are your settings on the 705. I am trying to set up mine so I can go out and have a swing but do not know how to set it up properly yet. Thanks.
Hi Pete
These days I always notch out all the negitives as well as 2 and 4..wether im hunting parks or beach...it never changes....all metal will drive you mad.....and i have not found any proof with the 705 that you will miss targets....trust the vflex technology.. ....learn the id numbers...and try to guess what you think the target is before you dig it...That's the best advice I can give..................you will build confidence and get a feel for the different tones from there....also when you get to your location...first...do auto noise cancel...then auto ground balance......for parks i set sensitivity to 24 always unless I'm cherry picking fresh drops then it's around 16.....try that and you should be fine... :Y:let me know if you want beach settings..thats a whole different ball game :Y: :D

Thanks for the info. What threshhold number do you do?
Hi mate it's always set on 4 for coin hunting and 10 when in prospecting mode :Y:

cool, so 4 for relics etc? Im keen to try prospecting mode here in WA but the few tests ove done with a small nugget wasnt good. The ground over here is way to hot
Get the 6 inch coil and work the cracks in bedrock along the creeks..that's what I have been doing the last year and it works great..over here I can pick up a .20 nug at 2inches easy..some may say bullshit..but I'm not kidding..xterra is so underrated :eek: :Y: :D

tailormarc said:
Smoky bandit said:
tailormarc said:
Smoky bandit said:
pete165 said:
Great finds Smoky. If you do not mind what are your settings on the 705. I am trying to set up mine so I can go out and have a swing but do not know how to set it up properly yet. Thanks.
Hi Pete
These days I always notch out all the negitives as well as 2 and 4..wether im hunting parks or beach...it never changes....all metal will drive you mad.....and i have not found any proof with the 705 that you will miss targets....trust the vflex technology.. ....learn the id numbers...and try to guess what you think the target is before you dig it...That's the best advice I can give..................you will build confidence and get a feel for the different tones from there....also when you get to your location...first...do auto noise cancel...then auto ground balance......for parks i set sensitivity to 24 always unless I'm cherry picking fresh drops then it's around 16.....try that and you should be fine... :Y:let me know if you want beach settings..thats a whole different ball game :Y: :D

Hi mate it's always set on 4 for coin hunting and 10 when in prospecting mode :Y:

cool, so 4 for relics etc? Im keen to try prospecting mode here in WA but the few tests ove done with a small nugget wasnt good. The ground over here is way to hot
From 0 to 10 dosnt make any difference on coins you really only need the threshold for verry small gold targets.imo..... when coin hunting i dont want to hear the threshold buzzing in my headphones Y: :D

Smoky bandit said:
tailormarc said:
Smoky bandit said:
tailormarc said:
Smoky bandit said:
Hi Pete

Get the 6 inch coil and work the cracks in bedrock along the creeks..that's what I have been doing the last year and it works great..over here I can pick up a .20 nug at 2inches easy..some may say bullshit..but I'm not kidding..xterra is so underrated :eek: :Y: :D
Sorry my mistake the last little nug I got in a crevice was 0.06..and it was a clear signal about an inch in. :D :Y:

188?
1518005999_screenshot_2018-02-07-22-18-43.jpg

1884 I recon :D
1518006031_screenshot_2018-02-07-22-18-30.jpg

black silver too :p
:Y: :cool: :Y:

It replenishes after every big tide that errodes the bank GDA...It's only certain sections of the beach too..everyone detectes the low tide mark..and there's nothing left there..it's all in the grassy bank. And im not gona tell em..hahahaha :eek: ]:D :p :D :Y: :Y:

Just make sure it's not a wavy 20c Smokey.
they sorta look different to each other from here. 8)
1518170410_screenshot_2018-02-09-19-58-13.jpg

1518170454_screenshot_2018-02-09-19-58-28.jpg

One reason I like that good photography Smokey.... so I can zoom in to check for things. :D
Hate to think something could be accidentally missed or overlooked. 8) :p

Mine are a bit hit n miss with the in close fineness at times. ... but then I use a loupe if there's something I really want to show up close.... take the photo straight through it with extra external lighting (usually a torch in one hand/or leaning just the right way for the light) and the camera and loupe held together with the other hand. ... and with my third hand I press the button to take the photos. :lol:

silver said:
Mine are a bit hit n miss with the in close fineness at times. ... but then I use a loupe if there's something I really want to show up close.... take the photo straight through it with extra external lighting (usually a torch in one hand/or leaning just the right way for the light) and the camera and loupe held together with the other hand. ... and with my third hand I press the button to take the photos. :lol:
I'll give that a go..thanks for the tip mate :D :Y: Unfortunately I only got two hands....but maybe I could try to press the button with my third leg :eek: :eek: ;) :D

Smoky bandit said:
Lots of thrippys here Dan..Next time your up here mate give me a call and I'll take you there :D :D
Definately mate ! Could easily drive over the toll bridge early one morning, send me a pm anytime

Danny

Latest posts