Xterra 705 finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Guys
The thrill of not knowing what your next target will be keeps us swinging and swinging ..
Wish it was a shilling Silver.......but alas......only a 10c.
Good luck to you all. :Y: :D

Great finds Smoky. If you do not mind what are your settings on the 705. I am trying to set up mine so I can go out and have a swing but do not know how to set it up properly yet. Thanks.

pete165 said:
Great finds Smoky. If you do not mind what are your settings on the 705. I am trying to set up mine so I can go out and have a swing but do not know how to set it up properly yet. Thanks.
Hi Pete
These days I always notch out all the negitives as well as 2 and 4..wether im hunting parks or beach...it never changes....all metal will drive you mad.....and i have not found any proof with the 705 that you will miss targets....trust the vflex technology.. ....learn the id numbers...and try to guess what you think the target is before you dig it...That's the best advice I can give..................you will build confidence and get a feel for the different tones from there....also when you get to your location...first...do auto noise cancel...then auto ground balance......for parks i set sensitivity to 24 always unless I'm cherry picking fresh drops then it's around 16.....try that and you should be fine... :Y:let me know if you want beach settings..thats a whole different ball game :Y: :D

tailormarc said:
Nice, how do you melt it? Im thinking of doing the same with my scrap silver and gold
Hi mate
Just a map gas from bunnings.. yellow one....and a crucible..with borax from wollies....there's heaps of vids on YouTube.
I melt all my gold dust into nuggets as well...it's really easy....if you follow the process. :Y:

Quick hunt the sarvo at my new little beach ...got me two coins...an 188? Penny and a nice old 6 pence.:D :N:
1517988340_img_20180207_4841.jpg
1517988354_img_20180207_48733.jpg

Smoky bandit said:
pete165 said:
Hi Pete
These days I always notch out all the negitives as well as 2 and 4..wether im hunting parks or beach...it never changes....all metal will drive you mad.....and i have not found any proof with the 705 that you will miss targets....trust the vflex technology.. ....learn the id numbers...and try to guess what you think the target is before you dig it...That's the best advice I can give..................you will build confidence and get a feel for the different tones from there....also when you get to your location...first...do auto noise cancel...then auto ground balance......for parks i set sensitivity to 24 always unless I'm cherry picking fresh drops then it's around 16.....try that and you should be fine... :Y:let me know if you want beach settings..thats a whole different ball game :Y: :D

Thanks for the info. What threshhold number do you do?

Smoky bandit said:
tailormarc said:
Nice, how do you melt it? Im thinking of doing the same with my scrap silver and gold
Hi mate
Just a map gas from bunnings.. yellow one....and a crucible..with borax from wollies....there's heaps of vids on YouTube.
I melt all my gold dust into nuggets as well...it's really easy....if you follow the process. :Y:

Cheers, got a pile of silver to do very soon!

tailormarc said:
Smoky bandit said:
pete165 said:
Hi Pete

Hi mate it's always set on 4 for coin hunting and 10 when in prospecting mode :Y:

Smoky bandit said:
tailormarc said:
Smoky bandit said:
pete165 said:
Hi Pete

Hi mate it's always set on 4 for coin hunting and 10 when in prospecting mode :Y:

cool, so 4 for relics etc? Im keen to try prospecting mode here in WA but the few tests ove done with a small nugget wasnt good. The ground over here is way to hot

Latest posts