Anyone found teeth before?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I found this along the Swan river this morning. I think it may be an old amalgam filled molar or premolar tooth. It had been in the water a long time.

Its metallic at the thick end. I scraped it with my pocket knife and it was shiny at the top side and soft-ish calcium like down the bottom.

A bit too icky for me so I left it with the local cops.

I'm not sure what else it could be.

20230612_134215.jpg

20230612_134223.jpg

20230612_134229.jpg

20230612_134237.jpg

I have found them in little clay pots around Chinese gardens around nth nsw the gardens were there to supply towns and station owners with vegetables when the Chinese got buried ,they put the cross some distance away from the body because of gold in the teeth and the clay pot full of goodies I'm just one of them people I just reburied and say a little bit to the person

Dug a full set of false teeth that had a gold molar and another type metal eye tooth. Left me with shivers and a strange feeling so I put them back in the hole a refilled it. Nannine, WA. 80's. (1st town in Murchison area. Think I read it had 5000 residents during gold rush.)
There is an old grave yard nearby, so many young men, women & children died at an early age, mostly disease.

They must have been a musical bob in Nanine, found many old reeds out of mouth organs.
And my favourite, a small kangaroo. Frank Wallis (member here gold plated it for me.

Nannine.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts