X-terra 305 & CTX 3030 finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big morning swing at the 'oval in the hills', the detector was just talking to me today.

$42 in spendables, pennies and few small junker pendants and 12 silvers.

My first One Shilling and 4 florins (had 2 in a hole again)

Only stopped because my arm could no longer hold on ?

1525757034_smartselect_20180508-151806_gallery.jpg

1525757050_smartselect_20180508-151736_gallery.jpg

1525757063_smartselect_20180508-151704_gallery.jpg

1525757080_smartselect_20180508-151834_gallery.jpg

Cracking hunt, well done.

Been quite a while since I've bagged several florins in a day, silvers are thinning out around here because I've found most of them. :) Though I did get a couple on a beach this morning but they aren't much to look at......

Heatho said:
Cracking hunt, well done.

Been quite a while since I've bagged several florins in a day, silvers are thinning out around here because I've found most of them. :) Though I did get a couple on a beach this morning but they aren't much to look at......

I know the feeling, this is only place I have found more then 1 or 2 silvers (probably about 30-40 at this oval now)....going to make sure I leave none behind. Finding the Six Pences all have a 12.33-12.35 ID which I ignored the first few hunts.

You are on fire with the Silvers

Nice Shilling - only 1 million minted

As mentioned , same same , have also found very few spots in suburbia that ive found 2 or 3 Silvers at the most

Whilst in some semi - rural country areas more pop up

Go the CTX !

Nice work

Trash said:
You are on fire with the Silvers

Nice Shilling - only 1 million minted

As mentioned , same same , have also found very few spots in suburbia that ive found 2 or 3 Silvers at the most

Whilst in some semi - rural country areas more pop up

Go the CTX !

Nice work

Safe to say there would be lots left, still have about 30% of ground to cover, then will go over it again. Found most of the silvers today in areas I had been over. Maybe coming from a different way and also over time have been removing other targets which may have made me miss some. Ground is very mineralised so been playing around with sensitivity/Volume gains etc and digging more iffy and high tone signals now also which has been successful.

I'm in Vic also, might have to have a CTX gathering one day :Y:

First cash in of coins at the bank today since having the CTX for 3 months. Only cashed in the $1 & $2 coins. Gave them a quick wash in vinegar as they were all dirty. The coin machine at CBA accepted them all no issues but a stray new zealand dollar.

1968xt on the 705 whom I hunt with has a similar amount himself.

1526354501_smartselect_20180515-123106_gallery.jpg

1526354516_smartselect_20180515-123036_gallery.jpg

Awesome Detectorist, Thats more dollars than I would have found in nuggets on the Goldfields for a season, well done :Y:

Cheers
Kev

Biggest Kev said:
Awesome Detectorist, Thats more dollars than I would have found in nuggets on the Goldfields for a season, well done :Y:

Cheers
Kev

Thanks Kev,

Looks like I dropped to the knee 1031 times to collect that haul, thought the only time I'd take a knee was when I proposed to the wife.

In saying that I'd trade all that to find some gold nuggets (which I haven't) or pre-decimal silvers any day, as to me that is a greater enjoyment of the hobby.

This just makes me feel less guilty about upgrading from the Go- Find 40 to a CTX :lol:

well done mate here in SA normally takes me a year to get that amount
Detectorist said:
First cash in of coins at the bank today since having the CTX for 3 months. Only cashed in the $1 & $2 coins. Gave them a quick wash in vinegar as they were all dirty. The coin machine at CBA accepted them all no issues but a stray new zealand dollar.

1968xt on the 705 whom I hunt with has a similar amount himself.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...54501_smartselect_20180515-123106_gallery.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...54516_smartselect_20180515-123036_gallery.jpg

Goldpick said:
Mmm, Equinox 800 in a jar! A very tidy sum, now to spend it. ;)

I'm very tempted, if the secondhard market for the CTX didn't crash like it has since the Equinox came out I would sell it and get one.

Latest posts