Minelab X-Terra 305

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
for sale

Minelab X-Terra 305
environmental cover
RPG headphones

1421195646_xterra_305_in_box.jpg

used - has some scuff marks but otherwise looked after.
purchased 3 March 2014 so you still have over a year's worth of warranty (original invoice in box)
1421195689_xterra_305_invoice.jpg

prefer local pick up simply because the headphones don't fit in the original packaging.
I am located in VIC near Melbourne Airport.

$250

Price is not negotiable, will keep it as a back up to the CTX3030 if not sold.
Was my first metal detector and gave me hours of fun but the CTX does everything except make me coffee :)

if interested please private message me.

Robert

Oh dear! Pity I didn't see this just 2 hours ago when I purchased the 305 from miners den :eek:

I'm actually in Sunbury so would have been pretty quick and easy! Oh well, I guess brand new has its perks.

Good luck with the sale!

hahaha - yeah sometimes it's like that.
I got my 305 there and worked it like a demon for the first month or so. They're pretty good machines, the only thing it seemed to struggle with was wet sand.

Glad to hear it - it's actually my first ever machine, haven't been detecting before, just researched it heaps during the past few months at Uni.

How much difference have you seen between the CTX3030 and 305? Also, being so close to where I live, any particular spots you know of or are great to start out? :) Will be the first time detecting when mine arrives hehe.

Cheers!

between a CTX3030 & a 305 - alot of difference. If you're starting out the 305 will give you the opportunity to learn alot.

As soon as you can afford it buy a pinpointer. I didn't because I was strapped for cash when I bought my 305, but within 2 weeks I scrounged up enough cash to buy the Minelab pinpointer (lots of companies make them, I got a Garrett 2nd hand and it works a bit better).

I would suggest taking your machine to the nearest set of swings with tan bark or similar, good way to get to know how your machine registers targets.
Headphones help a lot too.

There's heaps of advice on this forum - search it and if you can't find the answer, ask and you usually get good advice.

Speaking of advice, whatever you do.... fill in the holes you make ok :)

Wow wasn't really expecting such a quality reply, I really appreciate the thorough response mate! Okay, so pinpointers are something to keep an eye out for? Will do, I thought they merely sped up the process but i'll put in a little more research on them.

Minersden shipped with headphones! Lucky me I guess :p

I think i'll take your advice and hit the local park first. I've put in an order for a prospecting license for VIC...is it really necessary though? Only seen it mentioned once or twice.

Thanks again for all the replies, I'll most definitely be filling those holes!

Cheers

miners right is really only necessary if you are looking for gold. I got one because I visited a few sites that had formerly been goldfields, even though I was looking for coins & artifacts last thing I wanted was someone being pest. If you're using the 305 in parks or beaches you shouldn't need it.

Pinpointer is not essential but yes it does speed up recovery. Wait until you try to find something really small at night in mud :)

Probably should shift this conversation to another part of the forum.
Don't worry you'll find people very helpful here.
Also when you find stuff please put some fotos up - if I can't detect (due to lack of free time or weather) I like to see what others have been up to.

Hi I am unsure how to private pm you I would like to buy this on Friday the 16th please

Hi Mr Gold,

you'll need to message me via the forum, once you've made 10 posts anywhere on the forum you'll be able to do that.
I can't give out a phone number etc in this thread as I'm pretty sure it's against the rules.

I will hold the 305 for you until late tomorrow night (Saturday) which should give you plenty of time to make the necessary posts.
If you haven't contacted me by tomorrow evening I will continue the listing. I think that's reasonable.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Robert

Mr Gold - also I should have said that if you can get the 10 posts & PM me I will be home this evening, my apologies for not mentioning that.
I'll check the forum again around lunch (will be under water this morning looking for more old bottles).

Hi Mr Gold. Making lots of posts just to get you count up is frowned upon and against forum rules. You can contact a member by clicking on the email link below the avatar pic. Or you can ask the member to email you.

Cheers

Ramjet

SOLD

My apologies Ramjet I should have pm'd Mr Gold as I think I could do that.

Robert

Yer sorry newbie here and Robert thanks mate love the 305 great to do business with you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts