Why are you called that?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dragon Man said:
'Dragon Man' because I have been a St. George Dragons Rugby League Club Supporter all my life, and I even started a Rugby League Club in Ballarat called the 'Ballarat Dragons', and because of my fanaticism with the Dragons, people were calling me the Dragon man. So I use it :p

But I prefer to be called by my real name 'Ken'. :lol:

http://websites.sportstg.com/club_info.cgi?c=0-2993-26738-0-0

So it's Ken the Dragon Man or Dragon Man Ken nah just stay as Dragon Man :Y:.

Mine came about from my apprenticeship days as a diesel mechanic. The first day on the job I reversed a truck out of the workshop and managed to bump the boss's brand new Valiant - he was not a happy chappie and from then on he called me 'snafu'. Another apprentice was called 'fubar' and those names stuck with us for the past 50 years.

Jeff

madtuna said:
PJG said:
Im not known for my imagination so mine is just my initials.

Just thank god then that your parents didn't name you Theodore Oliver Stephen Simon Peter Owen Thompson....that could have been embarrassing
Haha hey look madtuna's back.
I know a man who's surname is Benda and his parents named him Richard. :8

Manpa said:
I reckon I can go one better Flowerpot, I know a bloke whose surname is Fell and his bloody parents called him Tripton.
No word of a lie, everyone called him Alby, call him Tripton and it was run for your life time.
Classic. :lol: Why do parents do that? Lol

Flowerpot said:
madtuna said:
PJG said:
Im not known for my imagination so mine is just my initials.

Just thank god then that your parents didn't name you Theodore Oliver Stephen Simon Peter Owen Thompson....that could have been embarrassing
Haha hey look madtuna's back.
I know a man who's surname is Benda and his parents named him Richard. :8
You would have a hard time living that one down. No pun intended, sort of!

Well i have been called that many different names by different people over the years that most have been forgotten, probally just as well as some where less tasteful. The first few Avatar names i tried to put in where already taken so i used one that a group of Melbourne amatuer fishermen have always called me when they come up to our small coastal town on their annual fishing trips/hollidays.
I started snorkelling at a very early age living conveniantly close to good sheltered Bays as i got older i spent a great deal of time in the water spearing fish, getting Crays and different shellfish each time, as the Visitors came each year they got to know me and quite often relied apon my skills to keep them well fed on seafood, many times they would idle along in their boats following me knowing a few Crays would get shared with them and i didn't mind as some where fairly old and couldn't do it them selves anymore. I was allways made welcome at the caravan park bbqs and their parties, lifetime friendships were forged. They said i spent so much time in the Ocean and swam like a Dolphin and that is why they and their children still refer to me as The Dolphin today.

Dave79 said:
I reckon my next find will be a 79oz nugget for sure and it will be known throughout the land as the Dave79 nugget :p
nice Dave hope you do and I'm guessing you're still a babe in the woods born in 1979?

Latest posts