Why are you called that?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tuner said:
Flowerpot said:
tuner said:
Ship of fools said:
tuner said:
because i was a loom tuner in my past life :(
I was once a Roof Tiler, pretty clear what is done there, How do you tune a loom?
Matt T
you adjust it
Do you mean As in a 'woollen loom'?
yeah
Ha! Well you could knock me down with a feather!! ... I never knew that looms had to be tuned.
Thanks Tuner :Y: :)

Flowerpot said:
Ha! Well you could knock me down with a feather!! ... I never knew that looms had to be tuned.
Thanks Tuner :Y: :)
1522211513_11771.jpg

...OH! Sorry Potty, KNOCK me down with a feather! I thought you said TICKLE my Rs with a feather!

Thanks all for your welcome. Specifically on the source of the name - it had its origins in the back blocks of Beijing when I did indeed drink some 'pickled eel'. In truth it was probably mostly formaldehyde given the way I felt the next day. Not sure if links will work in this forum but the event sparked a story telling blog and the incident itself was captured in a blog (I see I can't yet post links) called, well Pickledeel of course smile
We had an amazing few days around Oberon - more on that a bit later once I have written it up. We learned heaps and encountered some very generous folk ready to help. We also ran into a surprising number of folk like us, out for the first time.

Like some of you' ,

had to make a email Addy up and my friend at the time said let's put goody2shoes

Then later got told that it a Adam ants song,

I don't see myself a goody2shoes because I am bit of a cheeky bugger,

But have been called worse lol,

Plus , most people can not spell my last name and I don't like my first name that much, so that has been shorten as well lol :)

Hello again folks :D
Anyone else care to share how you came about your forum name,
Some great names and reasons for the names on here... even the not so imaginative ones have a story..
Love to hear from you all :lol:

Flowerpot said:
Where the bleedin' hell are you all??

Oooooh thems is naughty words Potty, the mods will getchya coz this is a gee rated forum!

Oh, and I almost forgot, I'm in Maryborough now.

Anolphart said:
Flowerpot said:
Anolphart said:
Flowerpot said:
Where the bleedin' hell are you all??

Oooooh thems is naughty words Potty, the mods will getchya coz this is a gee rated forum!

Oh, and I almost forgot, I'm in Maryborough now.
Maryborough Victoria, pharty?

Yup!
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/11434/1529237645_cool_copy.jpg
Well hello and welcome to this neck of the woods, we were just over theres only yesterdee, digging up used bullets and scrap metal. Oh and yes, it is a bit cold.

Anolphart said:
Holler out next time you're out. You can show me yours and I'll show you mine ... er nuggets that is!
Certainly will do! We're heading off to Eldorado, Beechworth, Bright for a few days. When we're back home and out and about shall give you a hoy. :lol:

Dig'n-it said:
Well, pondered the forum name for quite a while when signing up.
Without a creative bone in my body all I could come up with was a play on words ...... 2 meanings.
Dig'n-it (as in loving it), while Dig'n-it (as in digging up gold).

I dig it Dig'n-it :Y:.

As there are loads of new members,
would any of you like to share how you came up with your forum name,
some are obvious,
others not so? :p

Started with sapphires, found out they were found in oz and could take the kids camping so after the first trip searched online for more info and couldn't get past PA for knowledge and variety of stuff I thought there's a bit of a gem in everyone who contributes and also I am a gemini with a split personalty :lol: :mad: and I thought it was a bit reflective of the nature of the forum which creates a balance of the two sides. Now where did I put my medicine lol :party: only joking but from research provided from members of this forum we have taken road trips/holidays to and around qld, n.s.w vic and w.a. so far, discovering gems,gold,artifacts,history and even new friends. With a tent and basic supples the only real expense has been the fuel.

Thanks for asking.

'Dragon Man' because I have been a St. George Dragons Rugby League Club Supporter all my life, and I even started a Rugby League Club in Ballarat called the 'Ballarat Dragons', and because of my fanaticism with the Dragons, people were calling me the Dragon man. So I use it :p

But I prefer to be called by my real name 'Ken'. :lol:

http://websites.sportstg.com/club_info.cgi?c=0-2993-26738-0-0

Latest posts