Who is spending Christmas alone ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good reminder of how many people are in horsepiddle over Xmas , including the doctors , nurses and ambo drivers working their asses off , if I was handsome I would put on my best firemans uniform and go do a striptease for those ladies , and maybe get really charitable and send my nana to do one for the lads too.

Thought we were going to just have a very quiet one by ourselves, then we discovered the park managers put on an orphans Christmas lunch and we were invited.

Turned into a shindig of around 30, mostly overseas kids picking in the local farms, each had to bring a plate reflecting their own culture, we took Mince Pies, Christmas Pud and Brandy Butter, wow what a spread we all enjoyed.

It was a wonderful surprise and full marks to Jamaine and Kim who run the Country Style Caravan Park in Glen Aplin for organising this for the pickers who stay with them an amazing gesture of warmth and friendship for these kids.

Also happens to be a lovely park to stay at. Our feelings go out to those who are on their own, working or dealing with traumas :flowers: ...been there and it can be a very lonely time. :8

Dihusky said:
Thought we were going to just have a very quiet one by ourselves, then we discovered the park managers put on an orphans Christmas lunch and we were invited.

Turned into a shindig of around 30, mostly overseas kids picking in the local farms, each had to bring a plate reflecting their own culture, we took Mince Pies, Christmas Pud and Brandy Butter, wow what a spread we all enjoyed.

It was a wonderful surprise and full marks to Jamaine and Kim who run the Country Style Caravan Park in Glen Aplin for organising this for the pickers who stay with them an amazing gesture of warmth and friendship for these kids.

Also happens to be a lovely park to stay at. Our feelings go out to those who are on their own, working or dealing with traumas :flowers: ...been there and it can be a very lonely time. :8

There are folks who have been through various types of trauma and they prefer being alone , not because they are antisocial but because they just dont feel safe around strangers.. :/

For the first time in all my 66yrs I spent this Xmas alone.
A cousin did invite me over for lunch but I declined with gratitude.
So, Xmas lunch was sandwiches and the worst tasting beer I've ever tasted - James Boag's premium lager.
(If this is their premium drop, I would never go near their other non premium brews.)
I hope the rest of the PA world managed to enjoy the Xmas spirit with family and/or friends.
And I look forward to seeing lots of pics of your 2019 GOLD, GOLD, GOLD. :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget:

And hope you get well soon too AM. :Y: :Y: :Y:

Latest posts