Who Here Has or Had Bad Neighbours

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Live and let live :)
This has always been my motto and has served me well with all neighbours even the troubled type.

Filthyphil said:
Live and let live :)
This has always been my motto and has served me well with all neighbours even the troubled type.
Alongside with my crappy neighbour issues, I've made life long friends with the ones we did get along with an stay in touch :) I certainly keep to myself as much as possible when it comes to general noise like dogs, parties, fireworks and burnouts..we were all doing it at some point, but when they start nagging about the same things you've let go for years..its like.." well hold on a second cowboy, now I've got a story to say to you as well..."

You can't live while the ones you are letting live won't let you live due to arrogance

But I'm sure we all try our best to keep peace even at the worst of times.

One of my old neighbours one time accidently launched his woodsplitter over the fence and it just missed my 1 year old by a metre. He is a logger, drove a logging truck..chansaws..etc. When I saw it I certainly felt angry but my daughter was fine as close as it was and I actually checked that he was ok because something like this was very odd considering how safe this bloke usually is and he jumped to the fence nearly crying explaining it simply slipped from his hands as it was muddy and I could see that.

Poor bloke must have had a heart attack as it left his hands towards my fence where he could hear us playing. I gave him a smile and handed it back and said it was all cool. Anyone would usually go crazy over such a close call but I knew it was purely accidental and luckily no one was hurt on both sides of the fence.

Filthyphil
My neighbour I could write a book on what they have done to my family and fellow neighbours well 2 pages on the forum anyway
Regardless of how much I try to avoid them and stay away there objective is to screw the neighbourhood over
Explains why there house has been torched twice and there car smashed
And even though the amount of stress and drama they have caused my wife kids and myself we were the only neighbour to run and get a hose and try to help them save there house
And they still insist on making our lives hell my son rides his bike without a helmet or walks our dog without a lead the police or the ranger turns up :mad:

I feel for all you guys. I'm lucky and live out of town on a farm( don't have one but just a couple of acres, not subdivided) been here for 13 years and never had a problem apart from a few small niggles at the start with working out that neighbor doesn't own my place. I've always lived on a farm so understand that a lot of issues are caused by tree changers coming to an area and thinking they can change everything to suit themselves without any regard to the people that have been there for years if not generations before them.

I have a single mum with three boys from about 11 to 14 who don't have a volume control.
They have two yap yaps as well and it's like living next to the bloody pound.
But we continue on don't we? I just shut the back door and ignore it.

I have been told if you want good neighbour,s in Melbourne you have to live in Suburbs were the houses are priced at $1,000,000 or above to rule out the ferrule Bogan factor!

I use to think my house was worth $430,000 but going by recent sales close by more like $500,000.

I HATE MY STREET and i are a very quiet person:
I have to put with the following : Nearby Drug dealers ( Ice users & distributors ) Police don,t tackle them?
24 hour, 7 day a week VERY LOUD MUSIC from the dole bludgers across the road from me?? I am convinced our government is way to generous when it comes to welfare!
Speeding motorists, despite living in a residential street close to a primary school ( speed limit 50 km/hr ) the dead beat Aussie Bogan,s in their heaps drive at up to 150 km/hr in my street frequently? They are usually playing very loud music in their car sound system? ( this is a definite distraction to safe driving ).
Extreme Rat & Mice infestation due to nearby homes not been careful with food scraps for pets & kids? I had a pest controller come visit and he is wanting to sell me chemicals to kill my neighbours! :) In winter i am subject to extreme smoke pollution from nearby homes as many burn wood fires and burn the wrong kind of wood? With my windows and doors closed my house stinks of chimney smoke! :mad: Barking dogs, across the road from me a dog barks consistently at night when its owners are out?

Can,t wait to win lotto and move to a good area? Is there one left in the country?
8.(

Swinging & digging said:
I have been told if you want good neighbour,s in Melbourne you have to live in Suburbs were the houses are priced at $1,000,000 or above to rule out the ferrule Bogan factor!

I use to think my house was worth $430,000 but going by recent sales close by more like $500,000.

I HATE MY STREET and i are a very quiet person:
I have to put with the following : Nearby Drug dealers ( Ice users & distributors ) Police don,t tackle them?
24 hour, 7 day a week VERY LOUD MUSIC from the dole bludgers across the road from me?? I am convinced our government is way to generous when it comes to welfare!
Speeding motorists, despite living in a residential street close to a primary school ( speed limit 50 km/hr ) the dead beat Aussie Bogan,s in their heaps drive at up to 150 km/hr in my street frequently? They are usually playing very loud music in their car sound system? ( this is a definite distraction to safe driving ).
Extreme Rat & Mice infestation due to nearby homes not been careful with food scraps for pets & kids? I had a pest controller come visit and he is wanting to sell me chemicals to kill my neighbours! :) In winter i am subject to extreme smoke pollution from nearby homes as many burn wood fires and burn the wrong kind of wood? With my windows and doors closed my house stinks of chimney smoke! :mad: Barking dogs, across the road from me a dog barks consistently at night when its owners are out?

Can,t wait to win lotto and move to a good area? Is there one left in the country?
8.(
Bwahahaha ohh the south east suburbs are awesome are they not :rolleyes:

Absolute Dive, the Sth East.
If it was not for work and family commitments i would be out of Melbourne in a flash!

Its becoming more like LA every day, too big, too congested, too overcrowded and many of its residents are rude and arrogant!

Never had a bad neighbour. ......maybe I'm the bad neighbour!
But seriously just tell all the good neighbour's what your up to and invite a massive amount of people around. When things escalate as they surely will you can claim plausible deniability.
A few heavy set blokes and a bunch of families does the trick(in case the cops are called). A quick show of force and a bit of humiliation usually forces the worst behavior to stop.
And to balance the equation look after the good neighbour's, often they are your greatest asset.
Just ask my neighbour what happens when you refuse to quit doing something I ask which is fair and reasonable. You get no joy unless I relent.

I moved outta home and into a unit with some mates (many moons ago) heavy metal music and 253 v8's were all the go, never got a visit off the fuzz, but my old man dropped around once, that was enough for all of us when he gave us the " piss off out the road and do your hooning, stop annoying your neighbours"
We all respected the old boy and his wide mouth shovel hands, we never gave the neighbours a hard time about it, just moved on,
Not enough respect nowadays, :|

Goldtarget said:
Never had a bad neighbour. ......maybe I'm the bad neighbour!
But seriously just tell all the good neighbour's what your up to and invite a massive amount of people around. When things escalate as they surely will you can claim plausible deniability.
A few heavy set blokes and a bunch of families does the trick(in case the cops are called). A quick show of force and a bit of humiliation usually forces the worst behavior to stop.
And to balance the equation look after the good neighbour's, often they are your greatest asset.
Just ask my neighbour what happens when you refuse to quit doing something I ask which is fair and reasonable. You get no joy unless I relent.

I see you are located in a rural area!
You are so lucky to have never had any bad neighbours?

I am telling you now, don,t ever move to the BIG SMOKE! ;)

The I.T lad at work is coming over soon to rig up some camera's for when we go away. Can I upload them to youtube without getting in trouble?

Bad luck Bushpig :(

We had a bad neighbour too... we live in a really quiet street and have lived there for 20+ years. Everyone literally knows everyone and we've all lived well for the 20+ years. Unfortunately the house next to use sold one year after our good neighbours decided to cash up and sell to live in a more fancy area. The couple that bought the place had 2 young kids (around 9 - 10) and a jack Russell. They kept to themselves for a good 3 years and said "Hi" if we were out gardening the front. Then it all changed one day.
The husband stopped gardening and let what was once a pristine house become overgrown. The hedges and bushes became so overgrown in the front you could only just see the tip of the roof. The hedge lining the back side fence also grew rapidly. We ended up having to prune it back to keep it from being too invasive and in our gutters!
One summer day it was a nice 26 degrees out and we decided to watch a movie in our theatre room with the fan going when all of a sudden we see the young girl on their roof!! Bare foot and in shorts and a tshirt on the roof throwing lemons at our place!! Mind you the lemons weren't small either!! One narrowly missed out garage window, we had about 3 land on our roof and others ended up in the garden. My old man ran out and was telling her to stop throwing them while mum went next door to complain.
Unfortunately the husband was one of those men who didn't like listening to women at all (go figure he had a wife right? :rolleyes: ) so he did nothing about his daughter at all despite us doing nothing at all to deserve this. We copped random attacks like this for another year or two until she was about 15 and was walking the street with strange older men and stayed away from home.

Around that time the wife sort of went a bit quiet and she soon left, what I can only presume was a marriage breakdown? She lived with another man and then it went even worse. The garden became even more over grown and he literally stopped coming outside. One morning our neighbours opposite us mowed the lawn at 11am. He ran out in his robe and was hurling abuse at them and making a huge scene. 3 days after that police showed up in the day time and then he left in an ambulance. A month down the track my cousin stayed the night and at 1am we all awoke to our neighbour smashing up his house with what sounded like a mallet! all the glass windows shattering and everything being smashed up. Yelling from him as well. Mum called the cops and thankfully they sorted him out and took him away after almost an hour of tantrums with the cops.... we only found out a month later that had we not called the cops he was going to torch his place as he poured petrol over everything.... His house finally went up for sale and he moved out.. but still that was the scariest thing to live next to him.

Can feel your pain but unfortunately sometimes you can't do much but put up with it and pray they move

Avenged said:
Bad luck Bushpig :(

We had a bad neighbour too... we live in a really quiet street and have lived there for 20+ years. Everyone literally knows everyone and we've all lived well for the 20+ years. Unfortunately the house next to use sold one year after our good neighbours decided to cash up and sell to live in a more fancy area. The couple that bought the place had 2 young kids (around 9 - 10) and a jack Russell. They kept to themselves for a good 3 years and said "Hi" if we were out gardening the front. Then it all changed one day.
The husband stopped gardening and let what was once a pristine house become overgrown. The hedges and bushes became so overgrown in the front you could only just see the tip of the roof. The hedge lining the back side fence also grew rapidly. We ended up having to prune it back to keep it from being too invasive and in our gutters!
One summer day it was a nice 26 degrees out and we decided to watch a movie in our theatre room with the fan going when all of a sudden we see the young girl on their roof!! Bare foot and in shorts and a tshirt on the roof throwing lemons at our place!! Mind you the lemons weren't small either!! One narrowly missed out garage window, we had about 3 land on our roof and others ended up in the garden. My old man ran out and was telling her to stop throwing them while mum went next door to complain.
Unfortunately the husband was one of those men who didn't like listening to women at all (go figure he had a wife right? :rolleyes: ) so he did nothing about his daughter at all despite us doing nothing at all to deserve this. We copped random attacks like this for another year or two until she was about 15 and was walking the street with strange older men and stayed away from home.

Around that time the wife sort of went a bit quiet and she soon left, what I can only presume was a marriage breakdown? She lived with another man and then it went even worse. The garden became even more over grown and he literally stopped coming outside. One morning our neighbours opposite us mowed the lawn at 11am. He ran out in his robe and was hurling abuse at them and making a huge scene. 3 days after that police showed up in the day time and then he left in an ambulance. A month down the track my cousin stayed the night and at 1am we all awoke to our neighbour smashing up his house with what sounded like a mallet! all the glass windows shattering and everything being smashed up. Yelling from him as well. Mum called the cops and thankfully they sorted him out and took him away after almost an hour of tantrums with the cops.... we only found out a month later that had we not called the cops he was going to torch his place as he poured petrol over everything.... His house finally went up for sale and he moved out.. but still that was the scariest thing to live next to him.

Can feel your pain but unfortunately sometimes you can't do much but put up with it and pray they move

My issues seem like nothing to what most here have been through here.

I have 2 stories. We lived next to a woman who would come home from the clubs at 2 or 3 am and crank up the music. One of my son's had stayed in there a few nights told me she just turned the music on and passed out. So I would get up and turn her power off in the meter box. She got up me for turning the fridge and freezer off. I just told her whenever the music started the power would go off.

2nd story is I think we were the bad neighbours :8 My 3 sons play music Bass, drums and lead guitar. I used to love coming home from work and having live music while I had a cold beer. Pissed the neighbours off though :p

I used to live in a unit complex there was 10 units all up 2 atatched together u know the sort, well the ones atatched to my unit where a older couple he was OK she was mmm OK but her family was the problem, in a 2 bed unit they would on any given day have between 8 adults and children( mungrels) up to 17 on every second day. I used to have chooks that stopped laying so I thought, but they where nicking the eggs before I got up. And when ever I did a rubish run they would dig thru my trailer and and scater it thru the complex. Her sons delt bad stuff from the unit and had party's every other weekend starting on a Thursday ending about a week later. Her grand kids used to pinch every thing not locked down . one day I told em to piss off out of my yard and they slashed my car tyer kicked my dog and threaten to kill me. All the grand kids where band from most local shops. They used to wreck cars for scrap blocking my drive way. I could go on and on. but I got a transfer out of there and now I have awesome people around me.

Latest posts