Who Here Has or Had Bad Neighbours

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushpig

Jed
Reaction score
Ok I have just about had enough of some people. I like to think I can put up with alot of S^%$ before I retaliate or fight back but these people have got on my last nerve.

It all started when we moved into a new house about 2 years ago now. A fat little lady being walked by her dogs started swearing and carrying on at my missus about our dog barking at her from behind our fence. All good whatever.

The next day she really ripped into my missus who is too nice to say anything back. So a few days later she tried to make small talk with me which I did and at the end of our conversation I stated I really don't appreciate you swearing at the missus. She really didn't like me calling her out like that especially since there were a few other neighbours within ear shot.

I guess since then she has had it in for us haha good luck. She has rang the realestate, local council and told everyone in our street how bad and naughty we are. We have been called by all of them asking who the hell is this crazy lady.

She approaches almost every visitor to our house and tells them that our dog barks at her. What she doesn't realise is she makes more noise yelling at her dogs than what the lads up the road do playing their doof doof music.

I have caught her and her sister trying to unchain my gate to let the dog out I guess so they can take pictures to send to whoever.

I know this is a pretty petty little winge but she and her junkie looking friends are really starting to annoy me.

There must be people here that have much worse neighbours and I?

you bet BushPig
We have a feral family with two mongrel barking dogs that ruin our lives. They carry on, bang things, come home at all hours and have the cheek to swear and carry on at us if we ask them to tone it down a notch.
Some people cannot fathom other peoples right to a peaceful existence and don't give a shitte in the slightest.
Councils and cops are useless.
GT

We had a drug dealer/criminal living next door with his very elderly sick mother at one stage and i was constantly worried, especially for her and my grandkids who were often about. The cops were constantly there at all times of the day and night. We ended up just selling up and taking a loss to get away from it.
Good luck bushpig and goldtruck, i feel bloody sorry for you both, your home should be a peaceful sanctuary, not somewhere that gives you grief.
I reckon that female neighbour of yours bushpig may have mental issues by the way she's approaching strangers etc. Not that it helps you of course.

ive had two neighbours that made my life a misery for years ,both older people in their 70;s got so bad with one old pommy next door i got visited by council at least 20 times,cops raided me and handcuffed me while searching for drugs(never taken any since i was 17)im now 54,standing there screaming abuse at least 5 times a week,when i actually rang police cause he was bashing his asian wife they told me i was just trying to be nasty so never came, the one and only time i ever tried getting help from cops and the last as they proved to me how useless they are.finally sold his house after 5 years and moved away, thank god,

Hahaha bushpig....i got pretty much the same but i dont have a dog....the vacant house behind us just got kiwi tennents and there daughters have indian doof doof boy friends and two barking dogs which doesnt really bother me but the old woman sounds just like the mother inlaw...and that really makes me want to move...like that voice sends me crazy!!!

I feel ya bushpig... sounds like your dealing with my nazi mother..

I've lived in my house for many years now and the neighbors constantly change. Surrounded by 3 properties...most new neighbours come from the suburb.. they cut down all the trees in the 1/4 acre properties which have been there since it was farmland and then complain to me that its my problem when their trees come through my fence breaking it in several sections. One neighbour has started to come door knocking and it came down to the point of me saying if she knocks again, its harrassment and police involvement needed to tell her what to do..

I've told her, if she wants a new bloody fence she can pay for it herself. Everytime a neighbour sells and then a new owner moves in the 'need' me to do something for them...I'm over it. We have never been ones to cut down or clear our property..it is bush and as ive mentioned before it had wildlife ..but no more due to all the suburban rounded crappy non-natives just so they don't have to manage bush plants. Thier 'veggie gardens' are little bunnings planter boxes where my whole garden is one and they complain because I still have trees.. they get hundsmans, mice and rats, termites and possums ...my fault?! What a joke. She's started to hassle my missus when I'm not home. Bad move.

The newest neighbour in the house which has had 3 owners within 4 years or so put alpaccas into thier property which is cool, but they wanted me to fix a small 'problem' in the fence. I said they can go for it but I won't be helping. Its not my house, I rent, I couldn't care less of their problems when it becomes a repeating pattern from each new neighbour. I'm all ears for helping and that but the fences and trees are not our issues.

As they cut thier trees down, the wind hammers up from the paddocks below and there's no protection for the big gums that used to bebsurrounded by others but now when its windy, they come down through the fences. Were a quiet couple who keep to ourselves and children and never have knocked on a neighbors door even to retrieve a lost ball.. they seem to think they are bettrr than us or something and attempt to walk over us. Something which they found out wasn't the best way to go at it once they heard my reaction..

They all have big dogs...dogs far too big for the size of thier property. I don't mind barking dogs, its better than using zapping collars which the neighbours are doing now too which i personally think is cruel and would love to put the collar around thier necks. Dogs will be dogs..but behind my property us farm with emus..kangaroo..caged possums..etc and the dogs go crazy when they see an emu and start destroying the wooden fence trying to break through.

She basically wants us to fix the fence so her dogs don't attack my dog or children.. she can solve that one and if her dogs jump the fence she will need to return them from the pound. If we fixed the fence and he dogs go over it still..it would be my fault..stuff that. She's paying for a new fence and I'm going to start knocking on her door saying she better fix it before her dogs do jump over or through it.

Trees and dogs are the main issues to me with neighbours, I'm sure your nothing like them, but I reasoned with them many times friendly and they taje it to an advantage. I feel like I'm your complaining neughbour..but no..nothing like that.

I've had shire, council and police basically wasting thier time with issues like this. There will always be winging complaining people who do nothing in life and need something to complain about so they feel good for the day. My english background and negativity shown by parents and grandparent complaining at everything possible with no manners has taught me a valuable life lesson.

Smile and get over it neighbour, were not all perfect, like you.

I feel for you both & have been through situations with bad neighbours as well, they always try to make you out to be the bad one & when others are around they act all nice & innocent so people don't think they are doing anything wrong.
Go to police & report them & keep a diary with dates, times etc & details of any incidents that happen, a bit of video footage might help as well.
I didn't do anything when we had neighbour problems & even though we were good friends to start with, they ended up causing major problems, tried to put intervention orders on my mother who was around 54yrs old at the time, they were around the 35-40 mark, then they put intervention orders on my brother & myself, we tried to fight it but they put on a great show & won, they judge was also a woman a sided with them from the start, we weren't even allowed to have witnesses. We both ended up with indefinite intervention orders on us, (15yrs), we found out later that they had tried the same thing with previous neighbours as well before they moved next door to my mothers place.
We ended up going back to court to have the orders revoked but still had them on us for 6yrs.
I'm not one for taking crap of people & will stand up for myself but we never done anything to these people, they just had a problem & done whatever they could to cause problems. They moved not long after the order were placed on us.
If we had of made police reports etc then they would of most likely lost the court hearing & the orders wouldn't have been placed on us.
So go to the police & get in before your feral neighbour & keep track of any incidents as it will be better for you in the long run.

Good luck mate.

You can clearly see my neighbours trees in my property here which have not been cleaned up ( insurance couldn't even help ) and now I've lost 1/4 of the property to weeds and not being able to access it now. I don't know what I'm meant to do with it all and am stuck as they keep throwing sticks and branches off thier Lildale Lawns pre-ordered grass over the fence..into my property.

1442360992_14423608095670.jpg

1442361016_14423608189921.jpg

There was a time when my children had cubbies and a garden to play in..due to my neighbours and not knowing what to do for help..we just have to put up with it. I have no chainsaw myself and no mates have one either and i can't afford it and mum won't pay because its the neighbours trees, and not her problem as she lives elsewhere. ( sorry..I rent from my mother ..seperate properties )

As you can see.. wondering dew has taken over as I can't access eithrr which grew from the neighbours as well.

Note - the fancy colourbond fence on her other side. Thisbis the result when she got her neighbor to cheat on his passed away wife. I don't see them talking anymore as a new bloke is at her house each 3 months..but she got her fence! 8) :rolleyes:

My whole garden was hard work and 'pretty' for a long time and my children loved it. Now we feel confined and the gardens a mess

We live on the nsw far south coast and the worst neighbours we have had here, one at the back of our house and one across the road and both are from Vic. ( Mexico) you go figure. :mad:

Know how you feel, had neibours dob the eldest in for using fire arm, went to court and got thrown out by lady judge. have't had anything to do with them for 12 or more years. But the worm turns, they were done over good for having a well on crown land, strange how NECM found out.

I have had a mixed run when it came to neighbours, the first time I moved out and rented a place, my dog started to climb a tree so she could jump the fence to play with the neighbours dog. This worked out well as that neighbour is now my wife :D Just as we were moving out of her place, to where we are now, it was broken into and we had a lot of stuff taken mostly the power tools we were fixing the place up with, but also an internal door, which struck me as very strange. The last day in the property as I was cleaning out anything of use from the backyard, I happened to look over the fence to the place I used to rent. I noticed an internal door under the house that looked like it had been punched a few times. So I have a feeling it was the people renting next door who broke in to steal a door but ended up with all my tools as well :mad:

goldtruck59 said:
you bet BushPig
We have a feral family with two mongrel barking dogs that ruin our lives. They carry on, bang things, come home at all hours and have the cheek to swear and carry on at us if we ask them to tone it down a notch.
Some people cannot fathom other peoples right to a peaceful existence and don't give a shitte in the slightest.
Councils and cops are useless.
GT

I could understand a bit more if my dog was always barking for no reason that is bloody annoying. She will only bark if someone with dogs is walking past close to the front gate, another dog is around or someone walks close to the cars.

I should of been more specific my direct neighbours are great she is two doors down and her friend is the next street over from us.

My direct neighbours are great and love our dog barking because our suburb is quickly going downhill with the quality of people hanging around.

SCROUNGER said:
We had a drug dealer/criminal living next door with his very elderly sick mother at one stage and i was constantly worried, especially for her and my grandkids who were often about. The cops were constantly there at all times of the day and night. We ended up just selling up and taking a loss to get away from it.
Good luck bushpig and goldtruck, i feel bloody sorry for you both, your home should be a peaceful sanctuary, not somewhere that gives you grief.
I reckon that female neighbour of yours bushpig may have mental issues by the way she's approaching strangers etc. Not that it helps you of course.

Yeah mental health issues or other issues. It's just funny that all the people she tried to talk to and get to go against us in the street all came back to us and told us straight away.

I just hope she never tries to undo the gate while the kids are outside that's the only time when the dog will get really nasty is when she is looking after her own.

AtomRat said:
I feel ya bushpig... sounds like your dealing with my nazi mother..

I've lived in my house for many years now and the neighbors constantly change. Surrounded by 3 properties...most new neighbours come from the suburb.. they cut down all the trees in the 1/4 acre properties which have been there since it was farmland and then complain to me that its my problem when their trees come through my fence breaking it in several sections. One neighbour has started to come door knocking and it came down to the point of me saying if she knocks again, its harrassment and police involvement needed to tell her what to do..

I've told her, if she wants a new bloody fence she can pay for it herself. Everytime a neighbour sells and then a new owner moves in the 'need' me to do something for them...I'm over it. We have never been ones to cut down or clear our property..it is bush and as ive mentioned before it had wildlife ..but no more due to all the suburban rounded crappy non-natives just so they don't have to manage bush plants. Thier 'veggie gardens' are little bunnings planter boxes where my whole garden is one and they complain because I still have trees.. they get hundsmans, mice and rats, termites and possums ...my fault?! What a joke. She's started to hassle my missus when I'm not home. Bad move.

The newest neighbour in the house which has had 3 owners within 4 years or so put alpaccas into thier property which is cool, but they wanted me to fix a small 'problem' in the fence. I said they can go for it but I won't be helping. Its not my house, I rent, I couldn't care less of their problems when it becomes a repeating pattern from each new neighbour. I'm all ears for helping and that but the fences and trees are not our issues.

As they cut thier trees down, the wind hammers up from the paddocks below and there's no protection for the big gums that used to bebsurrounded by others but now when its windy, they come down through the fences. Were a quiet couple who keep to ourselves and children and never have knocked on a neighbors door even to retrieve a lost ball.. they seem to think they are bettrr than us or something and attempt to walk over us. Something which they found out wasn't the best way to go at it once they heard my reaction..

They all have big dogs...dogs far too big for the size of thier property. I don't mind barking dogs, its better than using zapping collars which the neighbours are doing now too which i personally think is cruel and would love to put the collar around thier necks. Dogs will be dogs..but behind my property us farm with emus..kangaroo..caged possums..etc and the dogs go crazy when they see an emu and start destroying the wooden fence trying to break through.

She basically wants us to fix the fence so her dogs don't attack my dog or children.. she can solve that one and if her dogs jump the fence she will need to return them from the pound. If we fixed the fence and he dogs go over it still..it would be my fault..stuff that. She's paying for a new fence and I'm going to start knocking on her door saying she better fix it before her dogs do jump over or through it.

Trees and dogs are the main issues to me with neighbours, I'm sure your nothing like them, but I reasoned with them many times friendly and they taje it to an advantage. I feel like I'm your complaining neughbour..but no..nothing like that.

I've had shire, council and police basically wasting thier time with issues like this. There will always be winging complaining people who do nothing in life and need something to complain about so they feel good for the day. My english background and negativity shown by parents and grandparent complaining at everything possible with no manners has taught me a valuable life lesson.

Smile and get over it neighbour, were not all perfect, like you.

I am sure if were neighbours we would get along haha. As just stated in another post sorry I should of been more specific it is not my direct neighbours we get along great with them especially when he get's back from the Cape with a heap of mud crabs or I've been out to the reef.

I was thinking of a barking collar if anyone else had a problem with the dog but yeah it's just her and the dog just doesn't bark for nothing.

I watched her bloke stand at the gate with his two dogs on a leash like he was baiting mine to fight his then after 5 mins of watching him I opened the front screen door which he couldn't see me through. I didn't say a word but he saw me and took off as quick as he could.

I am not sure about the laws involving trees but if a neighbouring tree is intruding on or over your land you have the right to trim the tree and place the branches over into their yard for disposal, they cant do anything about it, I could be wrong, check it out with the local council and tell them to pee off.
Had the same problem with a few people across the road, now they are very quiet and keep to themselves, I am a gentle man but don't poke the cat with a stick.
Brad

Been having issues with my neighbour for a few years now.

The neighbour has had 3 dogs for a few years a Rotti ,German Sheppard,and a little sausage dog...?.
Could never have mates over for a BBQ because my backyard smells like shite all the time and the dogs would bark at every little noise.
But i never said a word for a few years i just accepted it.

Then the idiot gets himself a Malamute that within a few weeks has about 6 pups.
now theres 10 bloody dogs barking and howling.

Again nothings is said i figured there's not much point, until Christmas eve.
Neighbour goes away for Christmas and all 10 dogs are howling and barking all through the night right through till Christmas morning.
That was enough for me it was more than i could take.

Gave the local council a ring and nothing was done until a about a 2 weeks ago.
Apparently 4 dogs were removed and the neighbour told the ranger he was going to catch and kill our 1 cat if it ever gets out.

What a bloody joke.
The 6 remaining dogs still bark and howl lol cant win. :rolleyes:

2 Girls next door (gone now - place up for sale) always out pissing up and no understanding of how loud they were at 3am or 4 am when the came home with whomever ever they hooked up with.

Sunday night at about 11pm They abused my wife.

I went across to ask them to keep it down a bit. 2 big Guys and the 2 tarts all pissed. Big guy went for me and I defended my self / blocked his attack.. Backed off and I called the Police.

4 statements Vs Me and my next door neighbor (A solicitor).

Cost me in excess of $55K to defend my self from a GBH charge. None were over 21 and as I was 56 - My fault :)

At end of the day - No conviction, $5K fine and $55k in fees. Yet I see One hit killers getting off with a slap...

Instead of Blocking the stubby he swung at me, I should have copped it in the face and he would have been hit with a good behavior bond if I was lucky.

There are Laws but little Justest unless you have $$$$ to spare Or a Politician.

Latest posts