Which Coil Would Be Best?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been luck enough to get the loan of a GPX 4500 to try my hand at fossicking. With the closest GPA to me being around Warwick, I have been reading that the gold there is fairly small and not overly deep. I have the choice of two coils - nugget finder advantage 17 elliptical mono or nugget finder 6 x 8 mono coil. As I am the complete novice, with no idea what the capabilities of each coil is I would really appreciate some of the wisdom from the collective.

Any ideas would be awesome. Thank you in advance.

Hi,
Both coils will find small gold. Use the 17 in the open areas and the smaller coil to get into the scrubbier areas where the 17 will find it hard to reach
Good Luck
Bob

Remember if you find any small pieces using the 17 make sure you go over it with the Sadie (6x8) the sadie will find gold the 17 won't. Your best bet is to try both if you have the time :beer: welcome to PA redbrim and good luck with your hunt.

Sounds like a plan. Go with the 17 to scope out an area. If I have enough skill (which will take some time) to detect any nuggs, then use the 8 X 6 to really give that area a go over. :perfect:

Thanks for the welcome and your knowledge. :Y:

Latest posts