Where you can/can't prospect in Warrandyte State Park.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teemore

One foot out the door
Reaction score
OK, so anywhere in the Yarra upstream of Plenty River is a NO.

In Warrandyte State Park sections of Andersons, Jumping and Stoney Creeks DO allow prospecting. Below is Parks Victoria response and relevant documents/maps (allowed area highlighted in yellow).
Cheers Tom.
1600672450_7d097a02-aac9-4820-a30a-c18d0ded9f14_1_201_a.jpg

1600672450_0baf4109-503f-47eb-8245-0ac29381a9bf_1_201_a.jpg

Hi Tom,
It seems to have gone missing on the website update. Information is going up on our new website daily so it will most likely be added at some stage, but well follow up if not.
The team leader has provided the attached information from the Warrandyte State Park management plan that clearly sets out what is permitted and the associated map.
I hope this helps, and thanks for your query!!
Faye

There is very little in Jumping creek, almost as useless as Andersons creek.
It is full of 10cm+ tiger leeches that get about in the water like eels.
They like to attach themselves when you are panning, while you are making a bit of a muddy cloud in the water you can't see them coming.

Gumboots and gloves!!

But there is bugger all gold there, if you are local and can't be stuffed with a big drive you will find a spec or two.

There seems to be lots of old roads and junk through that area, it looks like it was far more accessible and frequently used (picnics/camping??) in the past.

So you can metal detect in the actual creek beds, just not anywhere else?

I've panned in Andersons Creek and not found anything, but there's some interesting old mines up on the hill that would be good to detect around if you were allowed.

MDMA said:
So you can metal detect in the actual creek beds, just not anywhere else?

I've panned in Andersons Creek and not found anything, but there's some interesting old mines up on the hill that would be good to detect around if you were allowed.

My query to them was just about panning in the Yarra ..... no idea about detecting.
Shoot them an email if you want to be sure that it's OK.
Cheers T.

Latest posts