Where is the best place to go looking for gold in S.A.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, new on the forums, not sure if this has been covered but trying to go somewhere close to Adelaide if possible.
Thanks, Alex. :)

Jupiter Creek or Mt Crawford are about the only places apart from private property mate .

Good Luck

Yeah most of us crow eaters head across to the Victorian goldfields. Also in S.A what you find you can't legally sell. $17-20 for miners rights in Vic and you can sell what you find in Vic.

Alexplumber said:
Hi all, new on the forums, not sure if this has been covered but trying to go somewhere close to Adelaide if possible.
Thanks, Alex. :)
Over the border in vic :p

yeah mate....all good advice, over the border in Vic. You could meet up with Nenad, he seems to know the Adelaide area goldfields well, just check out his vids

Looks like there is not a great deal here in S.A. Might be worth a drive to vic....

Dug a few .22 slugs, trash, wire but no gold.

Most times my advice would be to head for the vic border and keep goin. Watts gully at Mt Crawford even though done to death may not have been 7000'd yet. Never know.

You will need to head to the Mt Crawford Forestry head quarters to obtain and pay for a permit, just fill one out and throw it and the fee in the supplied box if the office in not attended. They have leaflets there showing the main prospecting areas around the fossicking reserve, including Watt's Gully.

Gday Alex , not sure if you only had the Z for the one day , I'm heading down to Jupiter Creek from 10 till about 2 today , if you are able to get out happy to show you a few spots where I have found a few bits . I have seen the Minelab boys testing the Z there a fair bit over the last 6 months so some of the less visited areas may be the go

Cheers and good luck

Latest posts