What have I found??

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all my name is Justin I am new to this forum and I thought id post some pics as I have property in st Arnaud Victoria and have found these rectangle holes in the ground with flu's going into them and was hoping someone could explain what they may be? Cheers:)

1434803842_image.jpg

1434803857_image.jpg

1434803876_image.jpg

1434803894_image.jpg

Im only guessing but with the angle and placement of the chimneys to the pit I would guess at the remains of a Eucalyptus Still.
Is there a dam close?
GT

goldtruck59 said:
Im only guessing but with the angle and placement of the chimneys to the pit I would guess at the remains of a Eucalyptus Still.
Is there a dam close?
GT

Yes there is a dam close by also it is running along side a creek there is about 5 of these holes next to each other

Well from plans Ive seen of a Eucalyptus still the rectangle pit is the fire pit with the chimenys out at an angle for obvious reasons
The tank sits upon the fire pit with a condenser pipe running from the tank top through to the dam and on into a collection tank.
I could be completely off track here but its worth considering.
GT
I like the hobbits idea IPML

Its a bath house....it used to cost you more for a hot bath than a meal and a snort of rum.
Or Chinese steamer depending on the rubbish/goodies left in the area?

Tathradj said:
How deep are they. ??
My guess is a still pit as well.

They are about 1.5m deep but hard to tell as there is a lot of tree branches and other rubbish in there

yobskin said:
Its a bath house....it used to cost you more for a hot bath than a meal and a snort of rum.
Or Chinese steamer depending on the rubbish/goodies left in the area?

I also found this it looks like an old meat hanger basket

1434857306_image.jpg

I'm not sure if it has been work it's in carapooee west witch is south of st Arnaud in the st Arnaud sate forest

Latest posts