What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much over that Flu now... just a little left to get up, but the body is still sore and weak.... that was a humdinger, I heard on the radio last week that it carried over 160 poor souls away into the afterlife... but hey I /we all here, have a natural imunity to that one now... just by livin through it naturally.
I must confess to lickin a mouldy blood orange at one stage just to be sure I wasn't fighting off some bacterial infection as well at the same time.... nothin like a good lick of fungus to perk you up when your feelin a bit down with it all hey !
:eek: .... :p

silver said:
Pretty much over that Flu now... just a little left to get up, but the body is still sore and weak.... that was a humdinger, I heard on the radio last week that it carried over 160 poor souls away into the afterlife... but hey I /we all here, have a natural imunity to that one now... just by livin through it naturally.
I must confess to lickin a mouldy blood orange at one stage just to be sure I wasn't fighting off some bacterial infection as well at the same time.... nothin like a good lick of fungus to perk you up when your feelin a bit down with it all hey !

Obviously a bad one Silver. I'd be interested to know how many of those 160 had the flu shot. I only had it once years ago and it's really the only time I can remember coming down with the flu. My son was never sick with anything until he had the flu shot and since then he's copped every bug going around.

I get 1 Flu injection :) each year and maybe get a sniffle but haven't had a cold in years. When I was a heavy drinker i never got a flu that i can remember but maybe the sedation caused that.

Moneybox said:
silver said:

Obviously a bad one Silver. I'd be interested to know how many of those 160 had the flu shot. I only had it once years ago and it's really the only time I can remember coming down with the flu. My son was never sick with anything until he had the flu shot and since then he's copped every bug going around.

Yep same here MB,had it once in my 20s,the boss where i was working got all the staff done,was crook as a dog for 4-5 days,never had it again,rarely get the flu now which i think living in the outback helps as apposed to say the east coast,much drier enviroment.....

Moneybox said:
silver said:

They never mentioned those specific details at all Mb, but I can say that I remember a few years back when they were two weeks late getting the flu shots out because of a delay in the manufacturing and delivery of the vaccine.... the flu season funnily enough was also two weeks late starting that year. I recon that in itself says enough, but that's only me putting two and two together and I'm not advocating doing or don'ting with the flu shot for anyone... that's a personal choice for enlightened individuals/families/communities. O:)

LoneWolf said:
Had a Flu shot every year for over 10yrs.... And I have never had the Flu since. Colds yes but no real sickness.. Having a Lung Condition forces me to have it yearly.... Each to their own I say...

LW....
Yep I'm glad it's not compulsory ..YET.
If and when I get a health condition that warrants a flu shot,then I will be forced to have one.
But not for me at this stage.Plus the more of you that get the shot the less chance it gets spread around :lol: :p :beer:

1571132833_83a2296e-4f89-4a1e-b8bf-5ab2dca7d84d.jpg

Sitting on Trinity beach watching this amazing moon come up. 22 degrees slight breeze, it is very peaceful

Just enjoying a bear and trying to figure out what would be the best to do. Stay in Vic and SA on my way to WA next month, or just go straight up to Kalgoorlie. I am deliberating, a bit if to stay for 2 or 3 weeks in Vic at the GT would be, perhaps, a good option? Temps are a lot kinder now than in winter? Hard to decide. Could anyone help me in taking the final decision? I'm not sure which will be better in detecting for gold nuggets. I'm quite fresh in gold, although well seasoned in Opal.

Goldchaser1 said:
Moneybox said:
silver said:

Yep same here MB,had it once in my 20s,the boss where i was working got all the staff done,was crook as a dog for 4-5 days,never had it again,rarely get the flu now which i think living in the outback helps as apposed to say the east coast,much drier enviroment.....

I just keep away from any doctors, flue shots, and their chemistry. If I get a bit cold I use only my own, herbal remedies. That fixes my asthma and arthritis. So I do best without seeing them. So far, I didn't see any doctor for about 5 years now, and I just keep steady. Not to great, but not too bad either. :)

Latest posts