What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just starting said:
Ward69 said:
just starting said:
Just finished watching a couple of youtube videos of the Nuggetmagnet and VoGus.
Very interesting with Nuggetmagnet getting a few bits of gold and also filming a procession of caterpillars as well as finding the entrance to a trapdoor spider`s lair ( hole ) . To all overseas readers on the forum ,that is another creature in Australia that can do you some harm ! Scary stuff.

Chris at Vo Gus just put up his latest offering and did pretty well on the creek. He also had a very important message near the end of it. Worth watching .

FOZ

Hi Foz , me, Im packing the suitcase , bloody hell cant fit the detector in this time, airline has reduced the weight limit from 35kilos to 25kilos. There goes the leg of lamb out. The vegimite. The bake beans , Looks like have to put up with chicken and rice. Or pork and rice. Anyway guys. Off to Manila on Wednesday to get some heat. Been to cold and wet in Ballarat for the past 3 months. Foz. Thanks for talks and being around when I need it. I hope Ive shown you some learning about reading the bush. Its been great. Your photos and comments on your topic is worth reading. Keep it up. Will be watching from far.

Thanks, Mark. Yep, had a blast. We have been going pretty hard and constant with our prospecting / fossicking stuff. Learned alot . Too much crap going on in the world and this hobby brings us back to earth . You are a good teacher and pretty easy going to be around. I have lost 3 mates in the last 16 months and you have had your own grief ,so this does our heads good and gives us something else to concentrate and focus on.

See you when you get back.

FOZ
Think ya posted in wrong thread mate :) :Y:

just starting said:
Smoky. Nah ,mate. Post 1110 and 1111 about what we are doing now. Just replying.

Going back to the 2 old blokes cave right now !!! hahahahaha
Sorry mate... :lol: :Y: :playful: :beer:

Going on a road trip....
The track is only just wide enough.....

1567572846_42cd2368-0f63-470d-aa1f-237b9e762efa.jpg

Having a few pain killers after trying to remove a few fingers in a lathe today. Dodged a bullet and managed to keep them with only a couple of dislocations. First workplace accident in 30 years. Oh so lucky as Ive seen some results of lathe entanglements.
1567583279_79100abe-c849-4891-b518-cbcb009a50c1.jpg

Oops, looks a lot better than some of the pictures I've seen of lathe accidents on the bright side, never wear polar fleece jumpers when working with them. May end up with with half your head ground away by the chuck :awful:

Yep. Still a bit stunned by how lucky I was . Only reason Ive still got fingers and hand and an arm is that all shafts we do are held by bronze wires . As it was a smaller shaft around 3 inch wasnt held to tight and shaft stalled while chuck kept spinning through the wires. Still freaking a bit about how lucky I am to still have everything attached.

Up again, sheep carrying on, foxes at it again :mad: this time though I was a bit more prepared.Turned the old rifle into a night hunting set up and myself some shooting sticks. Basil had an early night this time.
1567601743_img_20190904_222423.jpg
1567601762_img_20190904_222514.jpg
1567601865_img_20190904_222447.jpg
you can make these sticks easily and they improve your standing shots no end. I used two lengths of dowling rod, some bailing twine and epoxied in two concrete nails for the feet.

Latest posts