What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been back on Kangaroo Island for three weeks and we've had some great fishing, but you couldn't get two such contrasting days, yesterday it was blowing it's tits off and cold as buggery, today there wasn't a puff of wind and it was as warm as toast, but it didn't worry the fish.

Local aerodrome near home, is quoting around $15,000 for a Recreational Pilot's Licence.
Would love to learn to fly but the cost has always kept me on the ground ..
Alternative is the Angeles City Flying Club they do flight training with ultralight aircraft such as the Quicksilver MXL Drifter and Breese 2

Last edited:
Local aerodrome near home, is quoting around $15,000 for a Recreational Pilot's Licence.
Would love to learn to fly but the cost has always kept me on the ground ..
Alternative is the Angeles City Flying Club they do flight training with ultralight aircraft such as the Quicksilver MXL Drifter and Breese 2

That's just 5oz of the good stuff or perhaps 10oz for a full Private Pilot's License 😂

How many people do you know who've got 10oz stashed away for the kids? There won't be much left for mine....

Now you guys are upsetting me... I could develop an inferiority complex whatever that means :rolleyes:

I have a little Polaris microlight powered by a Rotax 503 but I want one of these,

I understand where you are coming from Phil. As a young 17 yo I was invited to go up in a Piper Cherokee with two other blokes. One was taking the plane to Bankstown Airport in Sydney to have the radio checked out. First time in a plane and when we got back I signed up for a few lessons at $17.00 per hour 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 but as I was only earning $50 a week, yep that's right, I soon gave up with only 5 hours under my belt but it was a great experience. Best Wishes.

Right now I'm in recovery mode.

I started the day in a bad mood, walked over to the mine to do a bit of dryblowing and found a front tyre on Tonka nearly flat. They leak around the bead when the "O" ring gets old.

Flat tyre.jpg

The tyre still had some air so I drove slowly and checked it a couple of times but somewhere along the way it went flat.

Tonka.jpg

It stuffed the tyre but at least I didn't have to break the bead. I still had a battle getting it off but it's done now. I'm hoping the replacement will be a bit easier but I won't be doing it today.

Did you get any rain Phil?

We stood out at the end of the street while Sandra tried to get photos of the big sparks in the sky then we walked off around town as we usually do in the evening and came home dry. We've had reports of people flooded in and others bogged but here we can run the dryblower.

Buggar! I was watching the news all week and praying that those 7 people would be found, and they were and I thought of you and Sandra possibly getting flooded out and the fish pond overflowing. Better luck next time.
Mackka

Buggar! I was watching the news all week and praying that those 7 people would be found, and they were and I thought of you and Sandra possibly getting flooded out and the fish pond overflowing. Better luck next time.
Mackka

Looks like they found them alive and well Mackka.

Right now I'm enjoying a crownie after setting up camp at the Lakeside Caravan Park in Millicent. After two years of looking at caravans, we finally found a suitable van at the right price and this is our first journey in it. We'll have three nights here catching up with friends then it's on to Port Macdonnell to visit a few of my old crayfisherman mates.20240320_164446.jpg

Attachments

• 20240320_164421.jpg
    20240320_164421.jpg
    14.2 MB · Views: 1
Right now I'm enjoying a crownie after setting up camp at the Lakeside Caravan Park in Millicent. After two years of looking at caravans, we finally found a suitable van at the right price and this is our first journey in it. We'll have three nights here catching up with friends then it's on to Port Macdonnell to visit a few of my old crayfisherman mates.
That looks like a tough life, but somebody has to do it I guess! Safe travels, mate.

That looks great and i love how you have positioned that spare at least a metre away from the back of the van. Safe travels.
Yes, noticed that and wondered. Had a single axle van and learned almost the hard way to try and avoid too much weight or downward moment at the back. See however there is plenty of carrying capacity for weight to be added at the front.

Latest posts