What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And what a great little town it is, I really enjoyed my week in Que last year and I'm looking forward to getting back there again in Autumn next year. Hopefully I'll have a pack of Kangaroo Island whiting fillets in the van freezer for you Phil.

Dave, It seems I'm not easy to find at home. I rarely meet enybody travelling from the east because we all seem to go with the weather and I usually head for the Pilbara. However things have changed a bit with Mrs M working too much of the time and I'm finding it harder to swing the detector for months at a time. I might spend more time with the dryblower this year but we'll see how it goes. Phil

It's Mrs M's birthday today so she's rushing around getting ready for work...... :rolleyes:

We're about to start unpacking as we’ve just returned from a few days fishing, well not fishing in the usual sense, we went looking for Madtuna, a colourful character from the eastern goldfields of Western Australia.

If you’ve never met Steve aka “Madtuna” then you are missing out on time spent with a genuine Aussie prospector come station manager who enjoys the outback life and welcomes visitors and anybody interested in prospecting and Australian heritage.

He’s a guy with strong views on the way people should behave and he doesn’t mince his words when he sees others stepping out of line as many city dwellers do when visiting the bush. However he has a kind and generous nature making a visit to Erlistoun Station a great addition to your travels.

All of us.JPG
From left, Madtuna, Mrs M, Taz, Mr M and Rockhunter62

To make it even more enjoyable we were joined with the company of Doug aka “Rockhunter62". We tried previously to catch up with Doug when he and Carol were managing Barrambie Station just east of here.

The purpose of our fleeting visit was seeking rusty relics for the Cue Heritage Centre. Mrs M is always on the lookout for relics and Madtuna kindly offered some if we dropped in. When it comes to collecting relics Mrs M needs no encouragement so with Madtuna and Rockhunter62 helping collect them I was defenceless in limiting the overload of rusty relics for the 520km trek back home in 39°C temperatures.

I'll get into the details later....

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watching Border Security and the bloke opening the suspected drug carrying Soup Cans, opens one with a rubber mallet and a screwdriver! What we can’t afford a f#@$ing can opener to protect our country? Give me a break!!!!
These people returning from overseas, yes Australian citizens, try to bring in contaminated food, seeds etc and say I don’t read English or I didn’t understand , doesn’t cut the mustard. Fine them heavily not $420 and a slap on the wrist.
A women returning from NZ with a chicken sandwich was recently fined $3,300 so why are we not showing this as a deterrent , it’s because we are Aussies and soft.

Ants going crazy today up at Dunolly. Swarming everywhere with the wet weather. Digging a muddy wet target, got them up my pants The clouds opened up just at that moment and forced a quick retreat back to the car. Having to stand out in the rain whilst attempting to dislodge the critters from climbing further up into no go land did not make for a good ending for the days detecting. PS the target was also rubbish.

Just watching Border Security and the bloke opening the suspected drug carrying Soup Cans, opens one with a rubber mallet and a screwdriver! What we can’t afford a f#@$ing can opener to protect our country? Give me a break!!!!
These people returning from overseas, yes Australian citizens, try to bring in contaminated food, seeds etc and say I don’t read English or I didn’t understand , doesn’t cut the mustard. Fine them heavily not $420 and a slap on the wrist.
A women returning from NZ with a chicken sandwich was recently fined $3,300 so why are we not showing this as a deterrent , it’s because we are Aussies and soft.
thought the same thing mackka, a bloody mallet and screw driver
i would like to see the paper work filled out for the safe operating procedure for the use of those items to open a can ☺️
then she puts the fingers in the can with all those sharp/jagged edges and drags the bag out
i think the pair of them left the brains in the cupboard mackka

Thinking about how close We came to being destroyed by our Christmas Night Tornado... Destruction Everywhere. Winds recorded at 150kmh but destruction says 200kmh... Same force as a cat2 Cyclone.... This was nothing like the Cyclones I have been through... This was far worse..... Just got Power back on this morning... But some great pics have come about from the weather We have been getting...GCPWX6EaIAA99W_.jpg ..
414673713_396016892939014_5910700433229648041_n.jpg

LW...

Last edited:
Expecting another 38C today. It’s the humidity that I don’t like, it’s oppressive. Mt. Tamborine, for those that know this beautiful area has been torn apart with over 1,000 trees down and some crashing through peoples homes. No electricity for a few days and heard this morning that the entire electricity has been so badly damaged that the whole system will need to be replaced, sad indeed. Mackka

not wrong the LW ,we are paying $110.00 a month more for insurance
than the highest we ever paid for a month on the mortgage on the place

we are very lucky here :rolleyes: as i have checked all the other insurers that are here and surprise surprise
they are all within $10.00 of each other the big supermarkets would call that price matching
but i think there is another name for it

with the insurer we are with, flood damage is automatically on the policy but 2 of the others i contacted the price was the same with no flood cover go figure

Latest posts