What are we thinking in regards to Andrew Gaff and his sucker punch AF

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let the punishment fit the crime. If you punch someone resulting in injury and having to be taken from the ground, Then you should be red carded out of the game (your team plays a man down for the rest of the game) You ( the puncher ) also serve a suspension at least equal to the recovery time of your victim, Ie you cant play again until your victim is cleared to play. :eek:

My view is that AFL players along with politicians are exempt from the rules the rest of us plebs have to abide by.
The fact that he earns top money, the fact that he is a good boy normally and etc would matter little for you and I.
My verdict would be Jail sentence commuted to good behaviour and a court order to perform community incentives on the perils physical abuse to our young ones.
yeah I know I was only being serious
he will get a slap on the wrist like the pollies and their rorts and life will go on for another spoilt over paid sportsperson. :N:
Now if he played for the doggies well.....just kidding

GT :)

This may embarrass me, however one day playing footy, i was smashed from behind by a bloke a little bigger than myself.
I think he knocked me out as i don't remember the next few minutes.
Got carried off.

Now unknown to me, my sister fronted the guy at the end of the game and punched him right on the boffin. broke his nose.
I never lived it down.

Wondering if the young guy has a sister or wants to borrow mine.

Ive never followed afl being a nsw boy originally also dont follow league really these days but i seen it all on the news and i was gobsmacked cause it looked like the bloke (gaff) got to play the rest of the game,cant the afl umpires review footage?
He should of been sent straight off the field in my opinion then before the afl as he will be,they need to make some changes,not cool seeing that and then bloke gets to finish the match..... :rolleyes:

PS:just reading a bit on it,no send off rule in afl,didnt realise this,get with the times afl......

Just as in rugby league:- when a player is deliberately injured and is taken out of the game, it leaves his team a man down.
While the perpetrator stays on the field and his team has a full compliment for the rest of the game.
Where is the fairness in that? Red card him.
Then scrub the bastard from the game permanently or give him at least 12 months on the sidelines to think about what he's done.
Also have the police charge him with common assault (the video evidence is there).
And let his punishment be a warning to all other cheap shot artists on all other Australian sporting fields.
Play hard, play tough. But keep coward punches out of sport.

I know I was watching it live. Not good enough in my opinion should have been 12 weeks to a season. There is no place in sport for this kind of thing to be allowed. The AFL need to get tougher on penalties.

Well the penalty I think is fair enough because is it was provocked after all , If someone kept pushing me in the back while running away and I was younger I woulkd give em one too lol,

Not condoning the result and certainly hope there is a speedy recovery.
However we all know that if he intended to punch him in the head the blow would have been over arm not under arm aiming for body/stomach.
Either way it is serious but probably less damaging.
As mentioned we move on now the media have had a birthday. The replay on channel 7 news last night must have been shown 10+ times. Pathetic!!!!

isolation said:
silver said:
I suppose the way to think of it properly is to imagine he actually killed his opponent stone motherless @#$#@&$#(some word) dead.
So.... what would have been happening then ?
Just try blowing that over(or hiding it under the carpet) :eek:

What if someone dies in a legitimate tackle?
What if someone dies from a bouncer to head?
In those cases it would be accidental death, not the result of an intentional action (even if the amount of damage was not intended, you take that risk when you king hit someone). Banned for the equivalent time that he put the young guy out of the game. Also I don't see that the laws of the country should not apply as well. I want my grandkids to know how to play a clean game.

The young fella probably did mouth off but that is no excuse for breaking his jaw with a king hit. If I had taken a swing at everyone that sledged me while playing footy the carnage would have been extensive.
Step into the ring if you fancy yourself, things are a bit different when the other bloke wants to have a go. Same goes for those that think a bit of biff is fine on the field, go get your jollies watching the fights on Foxtel and leave the footy field for those that want to watch footy.

(psst...Oh great ones...all opinions have been heard, time to bring out the keys :) )

Latest posts