What are we thinking in regards to Andrew Gaff and his sucker punch AF

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shakergt

Moderating Team
Reaction score
For those who did not see it here it is.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/west-c...t-freo-teenager-andrew-brayshaw-ng-b88918457z

So what do we think? I think in serious cases like this the player should be dealt with by the police and also charged with assault. If you did this on the street you would be charged and I don't see why it should be any different for AFL players on the field. Time for the AFL to make a tuff stand starting with Andrew Gaff :N: :N:

Throw the case and Gaff out. If sports are serious about cleaning up that's a good place to start. Young bloke didn't deserve that no matter the excuse. Life ban for mine, but blokes should at least have a full season on the sidelines, no pay. If you think I'm being harsh a punch like that could literally kill a bloke. No soft measures for mine. Kick him out. They are there as professional footballers not boxers. Rant over.

He should be up in front of a magistrate for that one. Assault causing harm etc etc.

Too many cowardly rent boys being aggressive on pitches around the world because they know their behaviour wont be dealt with as harshly as it would be if it happened on the street.

If the AFL is serious about this type of stuff, which I'm not convinced it is, then this thug should get the rest of the season off and get a big fine.

diggit said:
He should be up in front of a magistrate for that one. Assault causing harm etc etc.

Too many cowardly rent boys being aggressive on pitches around the world because they know their behaviour wont be dealt with as harshly as it would be if it happened on the street.

If the AFL is serious about this type of stuff, which I'm not convinced it is, then this thug should get the rest of the season off and get a big fine.

Diggit the rest of the season (Home and Away season is only 3 weeks) and the up coming finals series isn't enough. This bloke should get the rest of this season including finals and the whole of next season. But in reality I think the AFL doesn't have the back bone to deal with these incidents in the manner they should.

RM Outback said:
diggit said:

Diggit the rest of the season (Home and Away season is only 3 weeks) and the up coming finals series isn't enough. This bloke should get the rest of this season including finals and the whole of next season. But in reality I think the AFL doesn't have the back bone to deal with these incidents in the manner they should.

Thanks. I agree with you. HE should miss a whole season for sure and be on a good behaviour bond when he returns!!

I agree it was an unprovoked attack but at the end of the day it is a full contact sport!!
Give him 3 weeks to recollect his actions and let it be.

How about we cover the players from head to toe in bubble wrap just incase they crack a nail or split a hair :eek: ]:D

He will get 3 weeks I reckon.
Pretty crap look for the game tho. I feel sorry for the young kid, only doing his job and copped a dirty belting for it.

i agree that it is supposed to be a full contact sport that means play hard but fair this kind of action is to my mind not only cowardly but goes with the ball tampering as cheating. looks like its win at all costs with these clubs as they dont seem to take any punitive measures against their team members that do the wrong thing id rather go fishing hiking sailing or detecting these days though the girls seem to get it right more often in the womens league
nuf said from me geoff

Anyone would be blind to say it's not a Full Contact Sport, only when your at the play of the ball not behind the play. To say after all it's a full contact sport is just a gutless excuse. If it happened when both players were playing the ball fair enough 3 weeks but it didn't it was a behind the play king hit nothing less.

If your kid was king hit on a night out you'd be screaming from the roof tops. So it's all right for any kid to be king hit on the field behind play, nah it's just as gutless as it is in the street.

Lifetime ban from competitive sport and assault charges, anything less shows acceptance of the practice.

Anyone that king hits a person has no place in sport. I played as hard as anyone but king hitting someone is the sign of a coward and someone that has anger management issues which need to be identified by authorities and appropriate action taken.

If this guy wants to fight then get in the ring with someone that also wants to fight, there are plenty that would accommodate him.

It's been all over the news, so there will be a lot of vested interest in the result.
He'll at least get rubbed for the season and possibly face criminal charges.
Will be damn interesting to see the result.
The guy's behaviour has been exemplary throughout his career, so it's odd that he cracked.
Time will tell I guess. I guess that there'll be howls of protest on both sides no matter the outcome.

Coward punch pure and simple. Banned for life as i think minimum sentence is ten years jail. No iffs or buts

BigWave said:
It's been all over the news, so there will be a lot of vested interest in the result.
He'll at least get rubbed for the season and possibly face criminal charges.
Will be damn interesting to see the result.
The guy's behaviour has been exemplary throughout his career, so it's odd that he cracked.
Time will tell I guess. I guess that there'll be howls of protest on both sides no matter the outcome.

I agree Bigwave, totally out of character for him, it was plain to see he was remorseful at the end of the game and the post match interview. I am not condoning his action in any way but I think he is man enough to take his punishment and move on.