Wet wet wet

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I sold my Careel 18 Trailer Sailer to go detecting. As the rain continues to come down here at Wagga I am pondering my decision.

Diablo

Hi Ian.
Everything is soaked, too wet to do much at all.
At least it gives me a chance to study up on detecting and old mines in my local area. Might even wash away some surface junk and open up some new erosion gullies, maybe new targets

Cheers
Diablo

Yeh! I only have my model boats left. They include hand made steam, electric and of course, sail.
Oh I forgot my air boat.
Diablo

Think about 4inches at a guess,Im at Parkes nsw.had arranged to go away for a couple of days but rivers and creeks are running well could be in flood very soon.

No,', air boat as in 'Everglades' type boat, pontoon with aircraft engine,prop, mounted on aft end of pontoon. Will post images when I can get to the shed and get some photos if interested. When the rain stops
Diablo

Diablo,

Out of interest, I had a bit of a look at old gold mines about Wagga. I didn't know there was so many about the area. Only problem most are probably on private land.

Regards,

Ian

;)

OK,
Very happy to help in supply of info for nought. My friend and I have just begun exploring local spots, including Willans Hill, in the middle of town. Other locals include Pommigalna and Mundarlo range (lower Tarcutta ). We even found some of the original Hume H'way around 1850's, on using some diggings.
It just takes me time to get stuff into right format/ size of photo.
Another spot close by is Combanning State Forest.
DON'T forget your permission!
Diablo

the reason i can prospect n w qld is i have got in with a plarimary drilling company but in early jan this year the desert changed to up to 3mt flood plain .The mining comp we where drilling for sent a couple of choppers in to fly us out .All was good till we tried to put Boof (head of security)on the chopper n told no dog rule .No way leaving Boof alone and one hell of dispute till the piolet relented .all back to cloncurry ok

Diablo,I lived in Wagga for 20 years and had no idea there was gold mines on Willans Hill or at Pomi.My mates and I used to go out to Pomi and rally around in our cars,camped out there a few times as well.Had some really great times in Wagga.My father and Sister still live in Wagga,come to think of it I haven't visited in a while.Wouldn't say no to a few details of where these mines are. ;) ;).

`To get back on topic....

Gypsy, Wet is the word and still raining :/

We might need an ark or amphibious vehicle if it keeps up!!

Inconvenient as it is now, it's a promising sign for a good spring. ;)

Should wash some gold around as an added bonus.

Wrecked a good drought this did!!!! :lol:

Cheers,

Billy.

Rate of rise in Burrengdon Dam says it all

1472856269_image.jpg

It always rains after a long dry spell :D

Latest posts