Western Sydney Newbie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foodgem

Clancy
Reaction score
I've been trying to pick up an X-Terra 305 used as my starter machine but decided I might as well grab an Aldi special in the meantime.

Already dug up some junk and an old metal pipe in the backyard. Time to hit some parks!

Should be fun.

welcome to the forum, when i started i had a detector that made the aldi machine look like a gpx5000 compared to mine, upgraded now but we all start somewhere, best of luck and happy hunting

Welcome to the forum foodgem, park hunting is fun as you never know what you will find.

Have fun and remember to fill in those plugs.

See you on the board with some pics of your finds.

Regards

Found an old style ring pull and a metal tube of Colgate that looked like this.

07scan011a.jpg

Trying to work out what year that is from and when the old style ring pulls were phased out. Those two finds give me hope that my local parks haven't been "fished out"

Around 1955 = pre-decimal era.

It would be worthwhile researching park hole cutting techniques if you are not familiar with them. It takes skill and practice to pinpoint the location and extract an item with little to no impact.

Good luck finding your first pre-decimal

I did pretty well. Cut a plug with my sharpened demo chisel, leaving one side connected. Dig out the hole onto a towel with a small hand shovel and put it all back when I'm done.

Holes are invisible when replaced. I practised on my own lawn this morning so I got the procedure down pretty quick.

Latest posts