Welcome to the new members.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lots of question coming...

What I am finding is that there is no stickies for newbies that are going to ask basic questions.

Is there something like this and I am missing it?

mixo

mixo said:

What I am finding is that there is no stickies for newbies that are going to ask basic questions.

mixo
Best off using the search function first to see if anything comes up. Try a few different search phrases/words.
There is quite a few stickies that are relevant to newbies but they can't make everything a sticky. Some areas have too many now IMO.
If you can't find it just ask on your own thread or if you do find a thread but want to ask further question add onto it. Someone will usually answer.
It can get annoying when people ask the same or similar questions over & over without using the search function first. It's also a bit annoying when questions get added to threads that are irrelevant to the topic being discussed (Facebook legacy I think).

mixo said:

mixo

We have pinned posts at the top of each section but probably not specific to newbies. I good point and something we should look at... a section for beginners. Would be a lot of work as there are so many sections. Depends on if you are chasing gold or coins, panning or detecting etc etc.

Here is one section with the pinned posts... https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=3

All the new members could it be due to the new show on 7?

Or this happens every December before xmas?

mixo

Too bad the stats that "we" can see don't show last logon or post date as that would be a bit more helpful. It does allow a bit of analysis with a bit of "parsing", such as showing that many "recent" join date people have been quite active and others not so.

But the main thing that stands out is that the Mods are at the top of the tree and looking up at Ramjet when it comes to number of posts. But watch out as Silver is close on your tail.

Rob P.

PabloP said:
Too bad the stats that "we" can see don't show last logon or post date as that would be a bit more helpful. It does allow a bit of analysis with a bit of "parsing", such as showing that many "recent" join date people have been quite active and others not so.

But the main thing that stands out is that the Mods are at the top of the tree and looking up at Ramjet when it comes to number of posts. But watch out as Silver is close on your tail.

Rob P.

You cannot see this? https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/profile.php?id=4430

Scroll to the bottom to see your last login. Hit "show all posts" and you should be able to see the last post made? Try it on other members.

Yes we are at the top of the tree. We are obviously more superior the mere members. (That would be humour/sarcasm for those who missed it).

I am unsure of what we can see in some pages that members cannot as I have been a Mod a long time. Really there isn't a lot. The Administrator has excess to much more info than we do.

PabloP said:
Just over 2500 so far this year and ctxkid and flowerpot, just screaming along with the recent addition posts count.

Rob P
What Choo trying to say Pablo?
Maybe ctxkid and me are yabbering too much (naaaaah, no such thing, haha) O:) :D
Potty

Ramjet said:
PabloP said:

Rob P.

You cannot see this? https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/profile.php?id=4430

Scroll to the bottom to see your last login. Hit "show all posts" and you should be able to see the last post made? Try it on other members.

Yes we are at the top of the tree. We are obviously more superior the mere members. (That would be humour/sarcasm for those who missed it).

I am unsure of what we can see in some pages that members cannot as I have been a Mod a long time. Really there isn't a lot. The Administrator has excess to much more info than we do.

I can see my own details, but I was referring to the full list as per the members list link that you provided -
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...sort_by=num_posts&sort_dir=DESC&search=Submit

Stats can be interesting, but can also be very, very boring, especially when you have to do some for boring work.

Rob P

Flowerpot said:
PabloP said:
Just over 2500 so far this year and ctxkid and flowerpot, just screaming along with the recent addition posts count.

Rob P
What Choo trying to say Pablo?
Maybe ctxkid and me are yabbering too much (naaaaah, no such thing, haha) O:) :D
Potty

I was really thinking that ctxkid is likely to zoom past the mods in no time at all. Leaving everyone else in the dust.

Rob P

Latest posts