we want to start prospecting !

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madworld

Sam
Reaction score
Hi all, did a small bit of panning when I was a little tacker down around warrandyte when I was visiting granny. Forgot how much fun it can be getting out into the bush and doing something other than driving / riding. Anyway now im early 30's with a kid and a dog and would like to get my son out fossicking occasionally. I went for a quick pan last weekend but had no luck however after stalking you folk I have decided im going to build a sluice of some description and start trying to get amongst it . I live in northern nsw at the base of mt warning so within 2 hrs drive of drake and 5 hrs of inverell. Main question I have is are there any other aeeas up here I can fossick with sme chance of success ? Also any tips towards a good multi purpose sluice would be greatly appreciated, have seen a few on here with one or teo taking my interest but I want to build one right first time yet dont want to blatantly copy another mans hard work either

Hi madworld,

My lil lad loves it he has a blast.
Just copy sluice ideas mate beats reinventing the wheel. Atleast you will know it works 1st go.
Good luck with it mate hope to see some future adventure pics. :D

Thanks yobskin .. yeah my youngfellas 11 soon so he is keen to get out and have a crack but I really want to research it first, want to make sure he has every chance of finding something on his first trip so he gets the bug bad ... am considering buying a $50 nugget from ebay just in case we turn nothing up ;)

As for the sluice, will copy the fundamentals to make sure it works but I dont want it to be another "wals" nothing at all against wal .. but if im making it I want it to be mine.. probably doesnt make any sense ... but if I wanted an x y or z why not just buy that

welcome to the forum mate
i think your on the right path with the sluice, do the research, adopt the tried and proven designs and put it into your own end product.
Hope the young fella gets the bug and you both enjoy many hours out together finding some color in the pan and the time spent, it is something that will mean a lot to both of you

Hay madworld, welcome to the forum mate.

I cant wait untill my two are old enough to feed the banker, free labor, HAHAHAHa :)

Thanks jamie .. looking forward to it , and couldnt agree more ryan, after all those early years where he was no use to anyone its going to be tough sitting there with a coldy while I watch him dig towards bedrock :)

Latest posts