Water in creeks/rivers in Victoria?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes gentlemen - it is a great place. I was not allowed to touch the creek until I could get 8 out of 10 lead shots pieces in my pan when I was a kid. All finds were put into the old beer glass vegemite jars. I still have Pops pans and his long handled round head shovel. Still have my first gold. As a kid out there with Pop and his brothers learnt panning, dredging, how to read the creeks, map reading etc and had my first ever beer = Ballarat Bitter. If Pop and the boys let out a tirade of swearing (often) the warning was 'don't tell Nan - or I'll kick your arse'. Just the other week, I let loose a tirade after dropping my angle grinder and before I knew it, looked at my grandkids and said....... 'don't tell Nan - or I'll kick your arse'.

Any update on water, puddles, flow at creswick? We have had around 15mls of rain in colac I see ballarat got about the same.

Do not get too excited, 25.5 mm at Creswick,it will be just puddles in the creek,need a lot more to get things flowing,ground has been as dry as chips.

So now you can put the dryblower away for the year,looks like the dish is your best bet.

TheDigger

Its actually been raining at night around here for a few weeks today creswick got 18mm in 30 m I minutes the roads have some serious gully ruts.
1398755820_tmp_20140429_1709181696762080.jpg

Thanks mate, looks promising anyway. I know the ground around my area is so dry... My grass only greened up in the last week. I was mowing weeds and dust before that. This is our best rain for the year so far (colac)

hoping the above fills up slaty creek. apparently the rain is moving in a south westerly direction

Golden tiger try taking a couple of 20lt containers next time you go panning this might give you enough water to do what you want. It's worth a try.
Diggerpete55

Latest posts