Wanted to buy

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've already gotten it mate I managed to get the other coils out of him too

His not stupid enough to screw me over I'm going to take it in to Coiltec when I get back to ballarat and get a good once over with it

Be careful next1m8. Your first post says he's a mate you trust and he wouldn't even know if its a rip off. In post 35 he admitted one is a rip off. Buyer beware!!!

now you buggers are making me all paranoid wondering if I'd done the right thing..

His not smart enough to be able to swap internals of a pulse induction let alone a vLF rip off, serial numbers all correlate to receipt of purchase and coil is standard one with purchase plus a couple coiltec coils

I'm thinking it's pretty genuine otherwise if it turns out it's not he has a pretty mint turbo'd mini truck that I'll make him sign over to me and he'll be lucky if I don't clip him up side of the head for waisting my time

Next1m8 said:
Zuke_Lynzy said:
good luck and hope it works out ok.

Cheers mate appreciate that.

Who in ballarat owns a 5000 and can show me the ropes a little better I can't wait for coiltec's next training day

Edit spelling
Nice 1 mate. Coiltek do training on Fridays, and Saturdays, so if you call them you might even be able to book in for this week. With your own detector it will cost ya $75 for the days training. I found it helpful. :) Good luck mate.

Good luck next1. I can vouch for the Coiltek days, great value in my opinion. Try and do the friday session if you can, less people generally than the saturdays so you get more ME time.

I will certainly do a coiltec day for sure its on my to do list.. I need help reason the ground better

I'm now so used to doing small gold recovery I need to re train myself to look for bigger gold.

N
Mate for $2500 I wouldn't go near it.smells fishier than a Chinese whale boat. I'm still guessing its a con. but I hope for you its not. :)

Next1's already bought it according to an earlier post k man. i think we've all got our fingers crossed for him. He says he's checked it out.

SCROUNGER said:
Are they ridgy-didge do you reckon wolf? That's bloody cheap isn't it?

I have no idea. Just listing what I saw on the Auction site.

I have purchased my fair share of detectors in the past.

I just listed these here as I noticed them on the Auction site and they sold cheap.

Some detectors do sell cheap though. Sometimes not enough info is added and people get suspect
while someone else makes the purchase which could result in a bargain.

A while back I think it was a GP 3500 sold for around $1200. This was a while ago and teh title for
it was Gold Metal Detector.

wow.
i would not no a fake if i saw one ,but the stickers are totally different .
would a person be able to put the internals from the fake into the real

Let me add 1 thing as I just sold my GPX 5000. There is a current demand for these.

I sold mine a week ago and within 48 hours it was sold and I had also a number of enquiries.

A GP3500 sold a week ago for a cool $3550 :) :) :)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Minelab-...91?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3f4c82faf7

And a GPX 4500 hardly used with some coils being nearly new sold for $3450.

Once the coils are sold the 4500 would owe you about $2800. I was tempted to purchase it
and sell the coils but for now wil hire a machine when needed.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Metal-de...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Serial numbers verified by receipt and SMS verification came back correct, I assesed it too other fake units mainly the control box, and pulled apart the battery pack to see if it had a battery cell in it which it did and coil covers come off as they should

It's legit I'm pretty happy with it so far but the test will be in the goldfields

Haha ebay sales may be legitimate mate but rife for push bidding and exploitation. I reckon if you're not the seller or buyer in most instances you never know how legitimate the sale is. But you've made some excellent points and take nothing away from that, as a seller and buyer I've grabbed some bargains and sold some items way above what I asked on ebay. Any auction can only be assessed on its merits. As a clearing sale recovering addict the same holds true.

Next1m8 said:
Serial numbers verified by receipt and SMS verification came back correct, I assesed it too other fake units mainly the control box, and pulled apart the battery pack to see if it had a battery cell in it which it did and coil covers come off as they should

It's legit I'm pretty happy with it so far but the test will be in the goldfields
Sounds like u may have got your self a sure bet then next1m8.happy detecting go find the gold

Wolf, you sold the 5000 before we had a chance to go out and detect together? What are you going to use now?