Wals' Hi-banker Specifications

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wals away steveinsky
If you can't find catwalk mesh just use expanded metal. Catwalk mesh is sometimes used in fly screen doors ti support the flywire

This question has probably been asked already sorry but the carpet whats the length of the carpet is it 580mm and 240mm? And another question is about the carpet is cut into 2 pieces or is it a single piece down the sluice box?
Thanks.

het wal was just wondering if u could do one of these with all the measurements on your river sluice ;)

use the search feature on the page here mate, I suggest you take some time to read through the forum forum information and find out how stuff works :) https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=27

1407790670_delete.png

Please correct me if I'm wrong I haven't read other posts but wal claims you can run all day without a clean out does he keep topping up the tank as its running or stop and start cos I have heard that sudden burst will flush out fines due to sudden velocity being created at the start of a pump.

That claim will depend on what ground your running mate. You certainly cant run all day around here creswick/ballarat too mcuh ironstone. If you arent catching some ironstone yoir losing gold.

Yes surges of water will pause the vortex effect and flush gold and others out the end.

For refueling you could always place a bucket at the end of the highbanker to catch any flushed out material for panning.

Danielkrupski said:
Please correct me if I'm wrong I haven't read other posts but wal claims you can run all day without a clean out does he keep topping up the tank as its running or stop and start cos I have heard that sudden burst will flush out fines due to sudden velocity being created at the start of a pump.
The Walbanker design is pretty good. Gold will settle down, out of high turbulence or surges.
You could go to TJM or ARB and get a long range fuel tank :)

I think the cable tray negates any initial surge. I still don't like the idea of running it all day without a cleanout. I usually do 50 odd shovels and then clean out, gives you a break and chance to ensure your feed is good stuff

Having a tap attached to your input piping allows control of surges whether to refuel, stop for cleanup or any other need to shut down. Easing the pump throttle down and then turning off the tap, or the other way around for start up will minimize any high velocity surges that could potentially flush out gold. Just a gradual increase or decrease in flow isn't too hard to implement. As good practice cleaning up a few times a day is probably best anyway, Firstly to make sure your getting the most out of the material you are running as GD has pointed out, and to make sure your still digging good quality dirt, and Secondly to ensure what you have captured makes it to the jar, strange things happen like bankers being tipped over, clips coming lose, spray bar failure, sudden weather interruptions, etc and mitigates the chances of losing any hard won yellow.

Danielkrupski said:

Just got back from our WA trip and trying to catch up with all the posts since my absence. I have run this system for a very long time and can vouch for it to be run all day without a clean up, in even the heaviest ironstone regions in the country, (with "Tuena" being almost a pure ironstone region). The sloped expanded is a critical component in ironstone regions, as is the height to width ratio of the expanded compared to classifier size.

A cable tray/ forward classifier will eliminate enough of the water surge to not let the gold travel. A grizzly bar set up will however create a surge and should have the pump refueled and set at a slower water feed rate at start up, then slowly increased to the desired water feed for the particular type of banker being used.

I will be shooting a vid shortly running my own personal banker, and will run through many of the mistakes some make in their builds to highlight how the banker performs to it's best capabilities. I will run it for the full day including a fuel refill, and show the results of what goes through into the tailing. ;)

Cheers Wal

Hi wal,

I have a friend of mine here at work and he swears by you walbanker.

do you have any for sale at the moment? or any coming up for sale?

cheers

Terry from Detect a Den has them for sale in Canberra Bronsen. I've just got back in town and will have a few made up within a couple of weeks.

Cheers Wal.