Wals' Hi-banker Specifications

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Banker looks schmick Ross and even if you think it has some rough edges it really doesn't - it just adds to its character. It's amazing what a few VB's will do for thinking outside of the square...

Hi walnLiz and all. Wal if I was to scale model ur highbanker ( halve the size) would that apply to the crate riffles hight as well. If I halved the dimensions of the walbanker could I use the same size crate riffles/security mesh or would they need to b smaller and skinner dimension. One more thing :cool: would water flow rate b just halved as well. Cheers Wal thanks for the replys and help :)

G'day Pete,

Good question and this has more than one answer. To scale down would work exactly the same if you scaled the catching section and the water flow down uniformly.

If you scaled down the length to half, and had the crate go to the end of the box, with the Mesh boiler section cut in half, you could still run the same water pressure and catch all the gold. This would however require a lot more clean outs during the day, as the number of traps is also cut in half.

The biggest problem in halving the length of the box, is maintaining water speed in a single length of sluice. My recommendation if you want to halve the 1500 to a 750 sluice, would be to make a 2 tiered sluice, as the top box gives you the required water speed to feed the shorter lower sluice more efficiently.

To run a single sluice banker efficiently I wouldn't recommend shorter than 1200......hope this helps.

Cheers Wal.

Cheers Wal, that was the perfect answer. This will b box 4 build for me, there looking better and now i can test them at home I hope my progress advances a bit faster ;) lol

G'day Wal,,this is my first alloy HB ,made a couple of timber ones ,seen your vids ,great :) I had one made up by a mate after watching ,but before I saw this forum :( mine is 1.8m in length 600 box,and 1200 shoot and is 300 wide at rear of shoot,250 wide at front of shoot.its 3mm so she weighs 13kg,a bit heavy but I can deal with this(see how it goes may be able to trim wieght off(off me or the HB)I realise the size differs from yours but I can get the internals right in length,gems are the target.....do you think it is ok or no good ,here is a pic any comments would be greatly appreciated .

1386165010_image.jpg

Cheers mate
Varts....

The banker specs are great for gems though longer than you need for gold. I'll take a pic of my "Gem Only" box so you can see its config and post this arvo. I run 3 different boxes for specific locations, depending on what I'm chasing.

For my "Gem Only" specific box, I do not run any form of carpet or matting for the gem section, and run the expanded directly on the sluice bed. I do run a small 30cm section of carpet for the gold trap section at the head of this sluice. There's a lot of explanation involved with the "Gem Only" version and it would take up a complete separate thread to cover it, and requires several pics.

Can i suggest you send me a PM so I can cover it at length with you, as it's the sort of thing you need to get right the first time. ;)

Cheers Wal.

hi Wal,
I was just wondering how much the measurements would have to change on the highbanker and plumbing if I was to run the Honda 4 stroke WX10? It's the 130L a min pump 1.5hp.
I want to be really mobile so lighter and a little smaller is the key for me.
I am very challenged in the DIY dept so any advise would be much appreciated mate.
Also I noticed in your video that you carried it the highbanker with the heavy end down. is that easier than having the unit up the other way with the weight higher ??
Cheers
Luke

G'day Luke,

You can still run the banker with the WX10 as is, but you need to be at the upper end of the revs. The Honda can still cope with these revs quite well. You will need to add a couple of degrees to the slope and this will work fine for gold. Sapphires require a higher water flow rate. Your spray bar will need a 90deg elbow on it so your hose doesn't kink with the lower pressure.

I would use the general config banker which has the crate to the end of the banker and the expanded in the boiler section only. I'd run the backed mat from end of crate to only the last 1/3rd of the expanded...ie..leave the first 2/3rds of the expanded without any mat. ( this must always remain a boiler section )

The bankers i use weigh 9kg fitted and are light enough to carry either way up.

Hi Luke,

I have a Walbanker + WX10 combo, and run it as described by Wal. Combo works well for gold - catches flour gold with no problems.

Cheers,

Martin

1386480302_image.jpg

1386480044_image.jpg

1386479943_image.jpg

I made a all round set up ,but soon this will be set just for gems......
With the weight off it should be better for me to carry ,hey Wal do you think the wx15 Honda would run this 300wide at rear and 250 wide at the snout? :(

G'day Varts,

The WX15 will have no problem running that banker. It looks a serious bit of kit mate. Sapphires will have no place to hide now. ;)

Cheers Wal.

G'day Wal,thanks mate ,spent some time today trimming bits off ,losing some excess aluminium to make it a bit easier and lighter .not to bad now put it on my back should be alright,I put a gold/sapphire set up in it until I get pics off you then will set up for gem only.I will chase up WX15 now you say it will run it :) .

Cheers Varts...

Thanks joe this is my third one, need new pump and I will be banking.....

Varts... :D

Can't send a PM!
Wal, what's the going rate for your highbanker, should you wish to supply more?

Cheers, Riley

Anybody have spare some spare security door/aluminium frame offcuts for a gem configuration? I've been looking everywhere in Canberra to no avail. I have some heaps of bread crates and a few army pack frames to trade.

Cheers.

Latest posts