Wals' Hi-banker Specifications

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try dropping in to a steel supply mob - the manufacturer's labels are often attached to the ends of bulk product with R-clips. (
at least ours are) They might give em to you for nix.

I use tent pegs with a bit cut off them.
Just have to get around attaching them to the banker to stop loosing them. :rolleyes:

Tathradj said:
I use tent pegs with a bit cut off them.
Just have to get around attaching them to the banker to stop loosing them. :rolleyes:

HAHAHA I loose one or more my dame butterfly nuts every time i get out.

LOL,
Same here. I carry a few packets of them just in case.
Going to work out a clamp down style setup for the banker shortly.
Exit wing nut issue. :D

The other question ive got is the suction hose for the pump wat are people using for this? I saw someone say spa hose but thats rather expensive at bunnings and seems to flimsy lol

Pawny said:
The other question ive got is the suction hose for the pump wat are people using for this? I saw someone say spa hose but thats rather expensive at bunnings and seems to flimsy lol
Hi there I use 1 inch pool alligator suction cleaning hose you can get 1 metre lengths on ebay and fits inside of the walbanker for when you travel and is fairly cheap hope it helps

If you are running a 1 1/2" pump, you should really be running that diametre suction hose; there are technical terms such as cavitation and what-not that I am sure are being created with too small a suction hose, which will be adding to the work the pump is doing and hence reducing its output and life.

Hi all got a question for Wal I've cut the bread box (der) ! in to much of a hurry the wrong way (long way instead of cross way)was wondering if it would still work. cheers ivo
1421743901_2015-01-20_19.51.15.jpg

Man,
Are you a computer programmer or something.. :D
Reminds me of "Tron.".
Think like this. Stand at the back of your banker and look down the shoot with water running through it.
What is the stream going to do ?.
I must admit. That is a real work of art and I love it. :D
Just cut 2 or three patterns and use what is best for what you are processing.
Simple...

Ivo said:
Hi all got a question for Wal I've cut the bread box der !in to much of a hurry the wrong way (long way instead of cross way)was wondering if it would still work. cheers ivohttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4256/1421743901_2015-01-20_19.51.15.jpg

No worries mate. :)
Try it. You may be surprised.
Just start thinking about the flow of water.
what is it going to do ?.
what am I putting through my Wal Banker ?.
You will not improve much on the over all design but,
You can just slightly improve on your mistakes on what goes out the end.
It is just basic stuff my friend.

G'day Ivo,

The crate you have cut out will only block up. You need the cut outs to be as per the the ones in this pic of my General purpose banker. If you classify to around 1cm you need at least 3cm for that same gravel to displace itself. The angled pattern I use creates a strong vortex at each bend sucking the gold into the matting. Match that pattern and you will have the best scenario for the crate method.

1421754309_1420859309_dsc_0091_1280x720.jpg

Getting closer Ivo for the Sapphire version but the crate is still not correct. I would copy the exact shape of the one I showed a couple of posts back. The one you have does not create uniform bends in the flow, which is what you need for the vortex's to be at their most efficient. The crate cutout is the one major component that most get wrong, and it does make a huge difference in the performance, so don't feel to bad mate. ;)

Don't forget that this version needs sideways shaking about every 10 shovels full, unlike the gold only version which needs no shaking at all.

Latest posts