Wals' Hi-banker Specifications

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geo2 said:
willo1 , Hope I understood your question right ;)

Look at these posts:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1115&p=2

Posts Number #32 and #33 on this page. This is the cut-outs design of the bread crate.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1115&p=3

Post number #63, some drawings from Wal's photos (PDF files ready to print out).

I edited the above post to include exactly the posts numbers of the drawings (plans).
Always many thanks to Wal and other contributors , this is really a great thread :)

Hi Wal
I noticed on your latest YouTube video that you have the bread box base running all the way to the end of your sluice, is this to pick up more gold?

Cheers
Whitesnake

The Banker in that vid is a dedicated Gold recovery unit and in that version I run the crate to the end with a longer boiler section. The crate is mainly used as a fine gold catching system and the coarser gold is trapped by the sloped mesh in the boiler section. In the banker I use mainly for gems the the lower section has expanded rather than crate.

The one in the last vid is what I use in 90% of my "Gold" banking locations.

Wal.

1435059370_photogrid_1435058937556.jpg
Hi. Well it took some time in the making and "she's not real pretty its all done . Only real difference in change is the classifier, using what we had in the shed. Filed a half coke bottle cap of lead which I through into a half bucket of gravel and dirt and did a quick backyard test Put a pan down the end to catch the trailings and was just blown away with the results. There was one micro speck in the training after panning it out.. Id say just over three quarters of lead panned out from in the first grid section the rest from in the matting and bread create section. Heading out to Warwick on the 25th (July) to give it a good work out. Hopefully get some yellow stuff for show and tell.:) Thanks heeps Wal for sharing your DIY highbanker. Without your forum and YouTube videos I would of been lost before I started trying make myself a highbanker. Cheers mate".

Ha yeah ive got to cut the front legs down and put the proper fittings before the spray bar. Just got over excited to try it out. Cheers:)

hi wal n liz.

just wanted to say how much i enjoy your vids on chasing that elusive yellow stuff and how it can bring on the gold fever. i was to go up to tibooburra for a 10 day jaunt on the 28th june,but got a bit crook and found out i have to have a quad bypass and was advised not to go,that upset me more than the op did but i will be done some time within the next month. the sooner it's done the quicker i can get back to swinging and hibanking,i will be laid low for a while so please keep them vids comming and i will be reading and catching up on trying to improve my prospecting skills.
cheers goldenboy.

No worries Buck, but it wont be until next week sometime as I am heading straight from work to the Sunshine Coast for a day of digging with Yobskin.
The Walbanker is a very simple yet efficient sluice. I will pm you for your email address so I can send the dxf's too.

If Wal reads this, just out of curiosity what size sheeting do you have to build the main sluice out of?

Havagoodweekend.
Cheers
Brad....

If you are talking about sloped expanded post #627 16mm high, with the gap ratio 100mm wide and 40mm deep
Jon

Do you reckon I could Downsize the Walbanker to about a meter and it will work with just expanded mesh for just gold ? Anyone ?

JeffP said:
Do you reckon I could Downsize the Walbanker to about a meter and it will work with just expanded mesh for just gold ? Anyone ?

I asked the same of Wal about my Walbanker and IIRC he said, that for just gold sluicing, it could be shortened a bit ... I think it would still need to be about 1200mm long (instead of 1500mm). You'd still need some matting & bread crate beyond the expanded mesh.

theres a bunch of breadcrates for sale ($2 each) out at a bakery in Fairfield melbourne if anyone interested.

check Gumtree, search 'plastic bread crates'

Latest posts