Wals' Hi-banker Specifications

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers PAW,
make sure you add a support at the end of the banker to support the cable tray (and put some under the tray itself) otherwise your cable tray will get bent (and not way I like to) when larger rocks are dropped on it - just ask Digginholes.

I think an old girlfriend and her husband run dory tours down the Frazer - might have to see if her grass needs cutting LOL

Lol yeah don't cut corners on the cable tray or you'll end up having to remodel it half way through your dig. Paydirt I didn't get to catch up with you guys later that day but it was nice to meet you guys, hope to see you out again soon

And you Digginholes, did a bit more scratch and sniff below Costigan bridge but found nothing ( had to go back to the are we worked sat to get some last colour in the pan for the weekend. Was wondering if anyone did anything around the Tuena crk crossing south of town towards Crookwell, looks juicy enuf.

Ok... here's my delema. The paint on my box is powder coating, not easy to take off. My thinking is, scuff the surface with sand paper and just run it. What do you all think?
1398828463_img_20140426_101657_103.jpg
Will the painted suffice be too slick?

I would leave it as is too. It will work exactly the same sanded or un-sanded. Remember to not put any mat under the expanded or the slick section. Look forward to hearing how you go. All the very best of luck with it.

Cheers Wal.

just printed off few of the pics from everyones builds might start one myself soon i think.

wal couple of questions about your hb im keen to make one as a bit of a project but was just wondering if feeding with buckets can you tip a near full 20ltr bucket of material in the feed box with pvc legs?? and also you have mentioned the importance of having 500mm or so of skid plate if i was to dump a bucket of material in the water i imagine would come down the front side of the wash therefore not have 500mm of skid would this be a problem, would i have to feed half buckets? one more question how often do you need to pull the classifyer up to remove rocks so that your little scoop/shovel will slide properly on the screen while washing material? thanks for sharing so much info on this its a good read and looks like lots of people enjoy making them well done!!

G'day josh,

The banker is designed to feed by the shovel full, and 2 or 3 guys can feed non stop as quick as you like. You can feed as quickly as someone can rake the stones out. You do not need to lift the classifier until you do a clean out, and generally, if I'm working my banker for a weekend I clean up at the end of the weekend only, and not at the end of each day.

Cheers Wal.

ok thanks wal, i guess loading half buckets will be better for it and easier to transport as well bit easier on the body.. i will have to let you know when i finish the build so you can let me know what length mesh and crate you recommend for what i will be doing with it. pretty keen to start it im getting keen i like a good project!!

Latest posts