Wals' Hi-banker Specifications

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get away with 450 but just give it a little sideways shake at the hopper box end every dozen or so shovels full of gravel. Putting a 1/4" sieve at the end is always recommended with Sapphires as no banker will catch 100% of the these stones. I do this myself and out of every 10 Sapphires in the box 1 makes it through to the sieve.....usually the rounder ones.

Cheers Wal.

Hello, from the land UpAbove... (bad joke). Thank you for sharing your plans. I've been driving the Mrs. mad, with my pursuit of a highbanker. :-D I really enjoyed your videos and appreciate the time and effort you have taken to make your knowledge available to anyone with a passion for independence, and that funny yella metal!

Thanks for the comment Wolf and hope your high banking proves a great success. Best of luck with it.

Cheers Wal.

Ok, again, thank you so much for making your "Walbanker" available to anyone with the gumption to fabricate one for themselves. Please forgive my ignorance but, can you please tell me, when you say 1500 overall length for the sluice... do you mean 1500 millimeters? The hopper? Can you educate this poor ignorant prospector?

Thanks again,
Brandon

1396835173_img_20140406_183637_431.jpg

This is the total sum of last years efforts.

Hi Guys ............Heres the "Walbanker" 99% finished . Im still scrounging some alluminium catwalk , its fairly eluisive material at the moment , but I will track some thing down

cheers

Pete

1396918593_img_0747.2.jpg

1396918594_img_0748.2.jpg

1396918594_img_0749.2.jpg

Hi all, in the process of building a Walbanger, should be apples for Adelong over Easter and hoping to meet clone bro's and sisters at Tuena following weekend

So far so good, all materials pretty easy to source.
Put a folded safety edge on exposed edges but really not necessary. THANKS HEAPS FOR THE DESIGN AND INFO WAL AND FORUM USERS - YOU GUYS/GALS ROCK

Great looking build there guys. If you're mainly chasing gold, and especially if you run it at places like Tuana, which is " ironstone central ", then I'd suggest the crate to run to the bottom of the sluice and a 30cm section of sloped expanded as the boiler section between the slick plate and the crate. No matting of any sort under the expanded.

Cheers Wal.

Hi Wal, the places I go usually have either sand sand sand or Adelong black sands any suggestions on tweaking for these senarios? Again muchos grassi arse
Tim

For that sort of scenario I'd run a 500mm slick plate, 500mm sloped expanded boiler section, and 500mm crate. Again i stress, do not run any sort of matting what so ever under the expanded mesh boiler section. This section relys purely on displacement and will catch over 95% of your gold. The last few flakes will be caught by the crate.

Cheers Wal.

Thanks, love ya work and hope ya kick a big nuggie over in WA, have a drink for us at Debenalis on Hannan St if going thru Kal

Hey Guys

Ive spent half the day driving around Toowoomba looking for some expanded mesh . Ive been to most of the Security grill places , Metals R Us , Secound hand Building Products , a Demolition depo and a machinery welding place ..............and no luck .

Any suggestions ?

I haven't forgotten about you Pete, It's just that I'm in Adelaide for business and won't be back in Canberra till the17th I have a piece of mesh cut for you and will make sure it's in your hands before the outing. Can't have you stressing too much mate. ;)

Thanks Wal

I knew you would have been busy .............and the PM off line and all.....didnt want to annoy you again about it

so cheers , that would be great

thanks

Pete

Pete the Pan said:
Thanks Wal

I knew you would have been busy .............and the PM off line and all.....didnt want to annoy you again about it

so cheers , that would be great

thanks

Pete

The PM function is enabled on the forum Pete, it looks like it's just been disabled under your profile, the PM settings can be found under the privacy tab.

I'd enable it for you but I'm not currently at my computer.

Cheers,
Nugget

Leaving early on tuesday the 22nd , Wal , so it may be a time prob , have a generator and can put angle grinder on board , just in case someone else near you is going :)

Latest posts