WalnLiz Gemstone and gold fossicking videos.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great video WalnLiz. It's great seeing videos like this and learning, especially newcomers like myself. Its good to know that my dive gear can be used for more than just chasing lobsters.

Thank you for another great video Wal and Liz. I looks like it's warm where you are and this is a great way to cool down. :cool:

Hey wal nice gold what are the rules with you putting a highbanker in the middle of a creek
I though that it had to on the bank
Cheers GR...

Thanks for the vid walnliz.
Gold fever is really starting to kick in hard for me now. Its been over a month since I have been able to get out and this vid is just teasing me.
Keep up the good work.
Greg.

Goldrocs said:
Hey wal nice gold what are the rules with you putting a highbanker in the middle of a creek
I though that it had to on the bank
Cheers GR...

G'day Goldrocks,

Nowhere in the legislation have i read where a highbanker must be set up on the bank. The bank edge changes constantly, and in the middle of summer it can be in the middle of creeks when the water level turns into interlocking pools, or even dries up altogether. As far as I'm concerned there is far less damage created digging in the stream, than what we see with bankers undermining and eroding the edges of stream beds and turning them into what looks like war zones.. I leave a zero footprint where i bank.

Have on 2 separate occasions had a ranger come by with no negative comment ....one actually grabbed my spare shovel and gave me a hand for an hour, just to see what it's all about.

Cheers Wal.

Yeah another great vid Wal and Liz. I like the idea of just being in the stream to get out of the heat. 47c here the other day and has been over forty every day for the past week.
Happy New Year!

Cheers
Lam

What a fantastic day Wal.
Haven't been sure about instream prospecting ever since dredging was banned in Vic.
Going to have to take my hookah out of retirement :) :)
Keep up the great work.

Jeff

Wal I demand your number plate and registration just so I can tag along. You found more gold than I have in one day than I have in a year. Might have to start buying hats just to find that sweet spot. Actually not too crazy come to think of it, did it hold in a eddy?? Well done all the same. Love the vids. Cheers daniel

You're a funny guy Daniel....but don't discard the theory of throwing a piece of driftwood into the stream and watching what happens to the path it takes. There is what's known as a "Gold Line" in all streams and once you master how to read this line you will be amazed at the difference a bit of stream craft can make.......but this is another story ;) ;)

Good luck out on those streams mate....and think outside the square every now and then, ;)

Cheers Wal.

Hay Wal,
I think we must be on the same wavelength.

I've just returned from a week on the Mongarlowe, mind you 3 days of that were spent working on the farm house, anyway for some time I've been watching underwater sniping clips on Youtube.

So I got all my old dive gear out. Mask, snorkel, booties, steamer etc with the intention of getting in the river and doing some sniping.

As it turned out I found a new dry crevice which showed promising test results so I kept at the crevicing and didn't venture into the river. Though on a couple of days I wished I'd had because earlier in the week it was bloody hot.

Next time maybe if the water isn't too cold by then. :/

I'm yet to clean up the cons so I may get a surprise. Maybe :D

I dropped into Oallen on the way home to see who was there and ran into Banksy with his Family and Walbanker.

You have a great river where you are mate and it holds some great memories for me during "the good old days". It's only a matter of time and those surprises will come. Don't leave your goggles for winter, ;)

Cheers Wal.

Wal and Liz I really enjoyed the video and great strategy for combating a 39 degree day! Ian

Latest posts