WalnLiz Gemstone and gold fossicking videos.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HeadsUp said:
pity they are so fragile 8.(

now if i could just find ruby emerald or opal i would swing that 6 foot pry bar all day

40 degrees celcius and that dust would make a cold shower V E R Y inviting ;)

Two different kinds of garnets in that area. Some form solid crystal structures and come in reasonable size for faceting....up to around 20ct. (mainly red)

The ones in the vid form in large fractured Crystal/sheet form, with several thick facetable pieces up to over 50ct. The good thing about this variety is the Pinkish colour...and they make a real handsome cut stone. Great place to spend a few days if ever you're in the region. ;)

Cheers Wal.

Wal, there's always one thing about your videos gives me the shits, its the disappointing feeling I get when I sit at my desk in my office watching you have the time of your life prospecting all over the country side!!!

Well done mate, some beautiful stones there. Can only hope one day I might be in a position to travel around and fossick our marvelous country!

Adam

Hahaha Adam, you could always watch the Discovery Channel during your lunch break, :D ....I know...It isn't quite the same.

Seriously though Adam, there's a lot of local areas that can be quit productive with the gemstones, and you only need a short time to suss them out. No real need to do the huge ks, especially for things like Garnet.....but if ever you get the time to experience what WA and the NT have to offer you won't be disappointed.

Cheers Wal.

Hi all,

Wal & Liz, another great video, you guys were practicley in my back yard there. Did you get the detectors out in the Territory or was is a random stop on your way home?

Next time you're out this way let us know and we'll get together, there's so much untouched high potential gold country out there that could keep an army of prospectors busy for a life time :)

Jim & Kerrie

G'day Jim & Kerrie, Was just a random stop to break up the long trip home from WA. We were thinking of heading to the Arltunga Gold fields region but time was running away from us. We will definitely call in next year on our return trip from WA for a chat and a chin wag.

Cheers Wal.

:D

does it help at all to drop tyre pressure on that bumpy bit of road at the beginning of the video ?

must be a shocker on the troopy . not to mention rattling the fillings in your teeth :eek:

nice work !

Latest posts