WA prospector death and missing wife. The Raymond & Jennie Kehlet mystery.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GaryO said:
There is a special on Sunday Night 2nd Sept 7.30pm on channel 7 regarding the missing couple . I seen it advertised this morning.
Just checked Foxtel programming---Just some story about Tessa James from Home and Away??

rotor said:
Went looking for my plb the other day as I was going out alone - only a few miles away but hey - fall and break your leg or get bitten by a snake and you'll be glad you have one handy. I have one I use in my ultralight but normally keep i in my flight bag - unfortunately couldn't find it and still cant so went without it! Some one must need it more than me I guess :(

No point anyone stealing it cause the second it's activated your details are going to come up and I'd imagine there would be hefty penalties for removeing or tampering with an epirb

Ok that story sounded a bit weird to me, how could that old man detect all day and half of the night, (where I could only do half a day) and to get back to camp at 3 am and didn't notice the quads or the bike back at camp when he gave them to use.

sad story, things don't add up from what was shown on 60 minutes.

Oh my god, Talk about drip feed information, Sunday night that was p- weak. Surely packing up at 3 am would make a noise and take some time. Did that man take one of the quads back to Perth??? Gold Seeker i agree with you. Soo pee'd off it rained, washing away all the evidence.

Gold Seeeker said:
Ok that story sounded a bit weird to me, how could that old man detect all day and half of the night, (where I could only do half a day) and to get back to camp at 3 am and didn't notice the quads or the bike back at camp when he gave them to use.

And after that marathon detecting effort (half of it after dark in a dangerous area for open mine shafts), he returned to the campsite, packed up his gear and drove off to Perth - a long enough drive on its own and especially so at night with countless suicidal roos waiting for the chance to play chicken with passing vehicles. Hmm... :rolleyes:

I detect that way a bit, and detecting until 3am is hardcore. Or, your camped closed to a patch. It didn't look like a patch to me.
How good was his battery to last that long??
The dog knew there was something up, either followed him out that night, or had a mission to run away.

Something not adding up for me??

Gold Diver said:
I detect that way a bit, and detecting until 3am is hardcore. Or, your camped closed to a patch. It didn't look like a patch to me.
How good was his battery to last that long??
The dog knew there was something up, either followed him out that night, or had a mission to run away.
Something not adding up for me??

And the kids say the dog was devoted to the couple and is always with them, but their 'friend' said it had gone off by itself in the bush and when he left camp the owners were out searching for it. Hmm... Doesn't add up for me either. And the bloke's crocodile tears certainly didn't help to convince me.

There's other details that don't make much sense too. For instance, the couple had never been prospecting before and didn't even have detectors of their own, but it was a big secret where they were going! Why? It's apparently a well-known area and they didn't have a patch they were returning to. And the police think loaded rifles lying around on unlocked car seats are normal? Sandstone must be more cowboy country than I realised!

Latest posts