WA prospector death and missing wife. The Raymond & Jennie Kehlet mystery.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When i sold our boat a few years ago the only thing i kept was the new model Epirb, bit large to carry around but can be easily stored in the 4x4 or camper trailer. You could clip it to the back pack or Pro Swing45 Harness, which isn't a really bad idea.
Cheers Jaros :p

Went looking for my plb the other day as I was going out alone - only a few miles away but hey - fall and break your leg or get bitten by a snake and you'll be glad you have one handy. I have one I use in my ultralight but normally keep i in my flight bag - unfortunately couldn't find it and still cant so went without it! Some one must need it more than me I guess :(

I like the SPOT trackers.
If you pass out and can't physically push the button, or fall down a mineshaft where the device can't see the satellites, you're screwed with an EPIRB, but if you're carrying a tracker your last known location would always be visible to your designated contacts.
There's always the issue that your designated contacts know EXACTLY where you've been prospecting, to the meter.

M

grubstake said:
Ridge Runner said:

I've got one of those - they're a nice, pocketable size/weight.

The unit Jaros linked to above on eBay, is a full-size, wall-mounted unit for off-shore boating: unsuitable for personal use unless you want something to counterbalance your GPZ. :)

Hahahahah,, Actually that's not a bad Idea, I am looking for a counter balance for that Dust Bin Lid I just Bought, Bugger should of come with Training wheels.

John

Sounds like foul play to me , why would the wife just disappear if ol' mate fell down the shaft ? would have thought she would have stayed with the vehicle and / or gone to get help .

Maybe the wife was abducted ?

Maybe she ran off with another bloke and they bumped off ol' mate ?

Surely they both wouldn't have fallen down shafts , and highly doubtful she would have wandered away from the camp/vehicles if / when he did .

She would have driven back to the nearest town / property for help .

My bet is she was abducted , IE The Peter Falconio case .

Would explain why the dog was left behind , but of course hope she turns up safe and well .

There was another bloke with them, he is now a person of interest in the case. It is hard to prove a case without really solid evidence, I'm sure they will come up with something eventually, finding the wife would help.

Latest posts