WA prospector death and missing wife. The Raymond & Jennie Kehlet mystery.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jamie,

Sorry I should have been more explicit, the authorities have found skeletal remains not related to the two in question, they went on to say the body they found has been in the mine shaft for some time and they are uncertain at this point who, or how long....cheers

BJ

Been searching since last Wednesday with No Luck, this is a strange one as little to go on, covered over 800km bush bashing and checking shafts,I will trying areas further out from search zone next few days, feel there is more to this than just. couple getting lost,hope I am wrong

goldpoacher said:
Been searching since last Wednesday with No Luck, this is a strange one as little to go on, covered over 800km bush bashing and checking shafts,I will trying areas further out from search zone next few days, feel there is more to this than just. couple getting lost,hope I am wrong
My hats off to you Goldpoacher

Great work in assisting the search efforts Goldpoacher. Even though it isn't my family missing I'm grateful there's so many people out there lending a hand to track down this couple. Baffling as hell. Yeah I found it pretty patchy when I was in that area a month ago. Often left my phone at base to save carrying excess weight when detecting. Every gram counts. Perhaps they thought the same.

No way a mine shaft which would have to be a minimum 4ft x 4ft opening could be covered by dirt.....simply because of the depth.

If the opening is covered, the hole would have to be filled all the way down negating the chance of a fall.

It is possible that drives off the shaft at shallow depth could give way under weight from above, but this would mean you would only fall to shallow depth of the drives base.

To accidentally fall down a mine shaft is very unlikely seeing that you are looking at your coil on ground level and would instantly notice a large opening in front of you.

It is possible that they found a shaft, then decided to scale down it and met with disaster whilst down below.

Many caves in the area as Wal pointed out...not sure if its possible to become lost in these whilst exploring.

I hope in earnest that these two people are found and returned home.
I have had a few nasty surprises with old shafts being first covered with timber and soil hence to begin with there is no sign of impending danger.
The worst feeling to get is seeing cracks starting to open up around your feet. When that one was discovered I caved it in with a large rock identifying the danger to others.
Timber underneath had rotted away.
Stay safe people and pray for these two people.

Metamorphic said:
No way a mine shaft which would have to be a minimum 4ft x 4ft opening could be covered by dirt.....simply because of the depth.

If the opening is covered, the hole would have to be filled all the way down negating the chance of a fall.

It is possible that drives off the shaft at shallow depth could give way under weight from above, but this would mean you would only fall to shallow depth of the drives base.

To accidentally fall down a mine shaft is very unlikely seeing that you are looking at your coil on ground level and would instantly notice a large opening in front of you.

It is possible that they found a shaft, then decided to scale down it and met with disaster whilst down below.

Many caves in the area as Wal pointed out...not sure if its possible to become lost in these whilst exploring.

Caves not big enough for exploring...only go in a couple of metres, but handy for protection from the sun and elements. If they sheltered in one of these whilst too week to travel on... that's where they would remain till the end, and not out in the exposed elements. Big ask to search all the escarpments north of Sandstone if they traveled that sort of distance from camp. These escarpments run for hundreds of kilometers and even Stations such as Windsor Station are not always maned this time of year, though if they reached here they'd have crossed the highway and been safe :(

Very sad situation, I can't see any way that it can end well.

If one of them fell down a shaft the other would most likely call for help.
If either one was well away from the camp they would most likely take the quad bike and no sign of them was found near the bike.
If they were still in the area their dog would be with them, a dog wouldn't leave its master.
If it was a staged disappearance it would be unusual to leave so many possessions behind.
I don't believe that Aliens have visited us as yet so that theory is unlikely.
I do know that there are a lot of very bad people out there that are opportunistic and two people in the middle of nowhere with no defense would be easy targets.

I am wondering why they would Leave all their things and Vehicles behind, This is So wrong, Being Aussies they would know what not to do in the Bush, I hope they are Safe,

The police should Take their Dog back out to where the last traces of them were found and follow the Dog because he will find them,