WA prospector death and missing wife. The Raymond & Jennie Kehlet mystery.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to my knowledge. Someone on another forum mentioned some months ago that Police here in WA have worked out what happened but have no evidence to support charges against anyone. Whether there's any truth to this, I couldn't say.

Knowing what happened and who murdered the couple is one thing, having sufficient evidence to get a conviction is another. You almost need video of the event to get a conviction these days, might be time to bring back the Star Chamber.

Ok thanks Guys, these people keep coming to mind every so often and I just hope that the lady was alright, Fingers crossed.

John.

Wow, where did five years go? With the amount of prospectors out there you'd expect to have seen a result before this. There are plenty of old shafts outside of the immediate search zone but then we might never know if she may have left the area under her own steam.

Gday

From what they said on the news report, they picked up several cigarette butts from near the mine shaft where the husbands body was found, apparently the cig butts were seen when the cops first got there but they did not collect them, and you have to wonder why not as it was obviously a crime scene?, it was also said that they went back some time later and retrieved them, not sure how long after that was?, anyway they said that they were tested and apparently contained his wifes dna?, not speculating or anything but it all sounds rather odd that the butts would be there.

There were also questions about the story the person of interest gave on which way was taken to get back to Perth, said left and went via a bitumen road, but that they had evidence from a car gps saying he was on an unsealed road, I know the area fairly well and have prospected there a few times, and in order to get to the unsealed road the person would have to go the long way round back all the way through town and that would not make sense, it would be far quicker to head straight from the camp site through to Paynes Find and on the bitumen highway back to Perth.

cheers

stayyerAU

I use firefox and have had no problems with any links so far - in case anyone is wondering about different browser compatibility.

I was a bit annoyed as well expecting a body or murder weapon, I was even semi-expecting them to find the missing women in the dudes shed or something, but not some items at the base of a bush.

One thing that came out today which I don't think has been made public before (could be wrong) the list of injuries to his head and neck

Goldchaser1 said:

Gday

When was this story broadcast?, cant see a date or anything on it?, if it was recent then it would be of great interest as it appears even with the blurring of the video that what they are picking up is some yellow hi vis material, according to reports when Jennie kehlet went missing she was wearing a yellow hi vis work shirt?, have to wonder why it would still be on the side of the road this long after the event though, would have thought that the cops would have scoured that road while looking for her back then?

cheers

stayyerAU

Latest posts